Data Toggle Slow/Disfunctional

fbomb721

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The only complaint I have so far is that the data toggles I have tried on my Nex have not worked well at all. They do work sometimes, but will take a minute to turn on data. Most of the time, however, they do not turn the data on at all and I have to reboot the phone to get data.

Not a terrible inconvenience, but definitely an inconvenience. This only happens going from off to on, never on to off.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any fixes?

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My experience has been simply that the data connection/radios on the Verizon Nexus are terrible. In fact I've found myself in the habit of battery pulling every time I switch from LTE/CDMA to CDMA or from mobile data off to on.

As for toggles, I use Widgetsoid2.x for mobile network on/off (must be installed as a system app). As for 4G on/off, I normally do it manually through the settings but I did find one somewhere on xda (I'm sure you can find it via Google)...but it requires a custom ROM (deodexed).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fbomb721

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have Axiom right now, but I've tried 3 different roms, along with stock, and they all have the same problem. That's the only complaint I have, because in most of my town I have terrible service, so to avoid batt loss I try keeping 3G off unless I need it, but that's not working out well.

I guess I'll have to keep it on though, I did just get a day and 5 hours of battery before it died :p

zmonster1

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I was going to ask the same thing. For me when I switch from 4g to 3g or from wifi to 3/4g, sometimes the change doesn't take place and it just hangs not giving any data at all. I was going to ask if there was a rom/kernal combo that helps with this.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought AXOIM 2.4 had a 4G toggle, but then later he said he was going to fix it. And now its not available anymore so idk. Might just have to wait a bit longer before we get a working 4G toggle. Perhaps CM9 will have it...

fbomb721

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah CM9 Kang has it, along with all the other CM9 based roms, and the dev for Axiom stopped support because of personal things. I was wondering if downloading a different radio might help that at all? I thought I saw some on rootzwiki?

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Stock, AOKP, and CM9 alpha and franco's nightly kernel and data switching always sucks. Sometimes I have to restart to get it to come back.

I read the thread on the leaked 4.0.3 radios and while some people said it helped, others had no difference or worse signal (and battery). Of course, there's nothing to lose by trying the radios since you can always just go back to a Nandroid backup...or stock images worst case. I might try it soon, but I don't have high expectations=/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fbomb721

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
After trying the 4.0.3 radio I had consistently worse signal and the data switching issue was still present, is there a way devs could address this? Or is this solely on sammy and Google?

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with any rom or radio I try. It really suck cause it would save a lot of battery if it worked correctly. :'(