Recovery question

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've looked through a number of related questions here... and it might sound a little strange... I currently own a Thunderbolt and have been rooted and flashing ROMs for a long time now. Currently I flash a new ROM about once a week, or maybe every two weeks. I can upgrade and buy a Galaxy Nexus in about a week.

If I have no SD Card with the GN, and make a backup of my ROM using Recovery, then wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache before installing the ROM. Doesn't the full wipe data wipe my backup ROM, and my new ROM I'm loaded that I want to install? Or is there a separate area that safe from the factory data wipe?

Sorry, if it's been asked before, but I have not seen it.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Once unlocked and rooted, there is an SD card partition. It acts similar to a normal SD card. Wiping in CWM will not erase your SD card partition. I factory reset from the phone will though. The initial unlock of the bootloader will wipe everything as well.

Reactions: fatboy97

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Once unlocked and rooted, there is an SD card partition. It acts similar to a normal SD card. Wiping in CWM will not erase your SD card partition. I factory reset from the phone will though. The initial unlock of the bootloader will wipe everything as well.

Thanks... that's the information I was not sure about. Now if I can just make it thought CES without them announcing something that just sounds too good to be true.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon