Simple Ti backup ?s

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
OK...I haven't done a lot of reading about the roms available for the nexus. But what I am looking for is that 4.0.3 update that newer roms are running off of. I DLd titanium backup and I'm currently running it right now. From my understanding. Flashing a rom will give you a clean slate due to wiping. With the nexus lacking an SD card for storage. How will I restore a ti backup? Where does it save?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
OK...I haven't done a lot of reading about the roms available for the nexus. But what I am looking for is that 4.0.3 update that newer roms are running off of. I DLd titanium backup and I'm currently running it right now. From my understanding. Flashing a rom will give you a clean slate due to wiping. With the nexus lacking an SD card for storage. How will I restore a ti backup? Where does it save?

It saves to the Internal SD card . So whenever you re do your apps after wipe , it works the same way . The only thing you need to remember is than you NEVER do a factory reset from the stock recovery . It will wipe the SD card partition , and all of your files will be gone . Wipe only in Clockwork!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
OK that explains it. Wiping in clockwork is the way to go. That's what I was confused about.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
OK that explains it. Wiping in clockwork is the way to go. That's what I was confused about.

what i do is make a backup of sd card , save to computer 1 x week , then if something bad happens and you have to lose all files , you have them on computer. I made a mistake on my first day of having phone(launch day) , i used nexus for my sons 1st grade christmas play , didnt know about the stock recovery wipe issue , and lost the file . needless to say , i have learned my lesson .

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That's a good tactic. I had the same issue with some pictures I needed for work. Some of my daughter as well. It was a facepalm moment.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Drop box and automatic uploads of pictures are my friend. I periodically upload files I want to save to my drop box account and every picture is synced with my Google plus account. so I really don't worry about having a physical copy of anything I can always get it back as long as I have network connection

Reactions: sicario666

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Drop box and automatic uploads of pictures are my friend. I periodically upload files I want to save to my drop box account and every picture is synced with my Google plus account. so I really don't worry about having a physical copy of anything I can always get it back as long as I have network connection

I didn't think of using Google+ to upload pictures to. I just signed in and uploaded my gallery. Thanks for the tip.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
no problem at all just found the auto upload option to be a great addition to Google+ especially if you tend to wipe phones or are migrating from a phone using an sdcard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance