So you've flashed your ROM...now what?

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So I have finally gotten the Codename ROM, thanks to all of the mods who held my hand through it lol. But I'm sort of at a loss of what to do now? So I'm posing the question to all of you elite android dominators to get an idea of how I can maximize the fun in this rooting and ROMing process. Whats the first thing you guys usually do when you're off of the leash?

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I usually customize my phone via settings and what not, especially with Codename ROM because the custom settings are great. I would flash imoseyn's Minimalist kernel then basically your done. Set up your home screens and what not. Maybe play around with voltages to get the best stability and battery life plus ramp it up to 1350 or 1420. There isn't much to do once you find your daily driver besides flash updates.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't do anything really, maybe overclock a little.

I choose my ROMS based on what features/focuses they have. I'm partial to Bugless Beast right now because it's damn close to stock and fast.

In your shoes, I'd sit on a ROM for a few days and then jump to another one...start to develop your preferences and the main features you want in a ROM.

The ROM scene for the Gnex is still unfolding. Many great devs from other phones are upgrading to this device and are starting to build their ROMs. There are plenty to choose from already and that's just going to increase.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you also just rooted, there are a bunch of great root required apps to install.

titanium backup pro and adblocker for example.

brownel02

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget to make a backup in either ROM Manager or CWM. And a backup in Titanium (for your apps/data).

Also, for root apps it is hard to beat Wireless Tether for Root!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid