sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
[URL=http://androidcommunity.com/an...20206?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenew

Skatedawg shared this link with me and I figured I would spread the good news to the community. After recent words and release of 4.0.4 this past weekend. This was a complete surprise to me. It looks like we'll have another flood gate opening soon with some more awesome roms :eek::D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That is very interesting to say the least. I'll be honest, it's both scary that it needs these updates and awesome that they're being made.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I like that the updates are being pushed out. To this day I haven't had an android device where the updates are actually addressed and pushed out.

Lol I didn't know the next OS was jellybean. Looks like I learned something today. I'm blown away with ICS

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
As most were saying, and I had hoped, the nexus phones do indeed get updates quick. What has it been...about 7 weeks from release and we have had several updates. Kinda skipped over .03 and .04 has not fully released and now 0.5....!

Look at the poor Razr and Rezound...ics was promised soon...nowhere in sight. Yep sure glad I got this phone.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Same here. Every other phone I had...the official updates were pushed back sooooo far. It was horrible. I'm glad I ditched my bionic.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
if you read the chart, it said "Mars" which should be march.

it's Feb 6th. So do keep your hopes up. It's coming...but not for another month.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
There was also a leak of 4.0.4 this past weekend that nobody received except for one member. I'm sure they'll be another leak of 4.0.5 just around the bend. Even if there's another month between now and then. We all now its coming soon.

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Look at the poor Razr and Rezound...ics was promised soon...nowhere in sight. Yep sure glad I got this phone.

this

I kept hearing how these phones would be getting their updates soon after ICS was released and I knew it was BS, they have been waiting nearly 2 months now and still no update. I am glad I didnt pick either.

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Idk what the hold up is on official releases for the Galaxy Nexus for Verizon. I would put my money on VZW being the hold up. Anyways, Im kind of glad that it has taken this long to come out because it convinced me to start trying out custom roms. The ICS is just great the way it is but some how ROM developers find more great ways to make it better. Im using CodeNameAndroid 1.3.2 now.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
this

I kept hearing how these phones would be getting their updates soon after ICS was released and I knew it was BS, they have been waiting nearly 2 months now and still no update. I am glad I didnt pick either.

While I agree with you, we still haven't received the "official" 4.0.3 updates. So it's not much different for people who aren't ROMing. Just saying.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
While I agree with you, we still haven't received the "official" 4.0.3 updates. So it's not much different for people who aren't ROMing. Just saying.
I wonder why they have leaked 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 but the "official" release will be 4.0.5?

I wanted to wait for the official OTA update but I don't think I can wait until March. I think I may have to flash 4.0.4.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I wonder why they have leaked 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 but the "official" release will be 4.0.5?

I wanted to wait for the official OTA update but I don't think I can wait until March. I think I may have to flash 4.0.4.

yeah...that's the prob I have too. Waiting. I was gonna flash 404 this past weekend. But I'm gonna TRY and hold out for 405. After flashing the 404 radios. I seem to be satisfied for the moment. :D

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Pm sent. Wow that was fast! :eek:

I'll just post them here as well just in case anyone might be looking for the radio files alone. This wasn't my work and I don't take any credit for this. Just spreading the android love. These are the 4.0.4 radio files. http://db.tt/cw2lG0hV

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Quick knowledge drop: 4.0.3 was never "leaked".. it got pushed to AOSP, and was intended for the Nexus S I believe, it was never really intended for the Galaxy Nexus, hence why we never officially saw it.

4.0.4 still haven't even been pushed to AOSP yet, which is a little odd seeing as its been pushed to some folks' phones.. but I'm guessing it will land in AOSP a while still before it gets mass-pushed to the G-nex's out there. That's just how it works... Lot of people who want to blame verizon for delaying updates are simply offf-base. We got 4.0.2 VERY quickly after it went to AOSP, 4.0.3 was NOT designed for our phones, and 4.0.4 has not been officialized by Google yet, much less Verizon, to be pushed.

As for 4.0.5.. It does no good to speculate. It got this minor printing in some french retailer's thing, it really doesn't mean anything. Retailer's are hardly authorities on these things. Much ado about nothing, IMO.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
4.0.4 still haven't even been pushed to AOSP yet, which is a little odd seeing as its been pushed to some folks' phones..
I confirmed with VZW that 4.0.4 was not pushed to anyones' phone. The guy who leaked it here was a first time poster who I don't believe has ever posted again once he leaked 4.0.4 to us. He clearly was an insider who leaked it. We thank him for the leak, but 4.0.4 has never been pushed to anyones' phone.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I confirmed with VZW that 4.0.4 was not pushed to anyones' phone. The guy who leaked it here was a first time poster who I don't believe has ever posted again once he leaked 4.0.4 to us. He clearly was an insider who leaked it. We thank him for the leak, but 4.0.4 has never been pushed to anyones' phone.

Gotta love those leakers. Thank em all way for getting the androidrenaline running. As for official 4.0.5. Its a glimmer of hope and something to look forward to. If it is fake or falsified. I won't pay any mind to it. It'll still get me looking forward to something in the near future and glad that updates are being worked on and pushed

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Actually yeah, that makes sense.. but for the record not because you got it confirmed with verizon.. no rep you talk to at verizon knows anything and if they do they will never tell you the truth ;)

I do agree though that the guy who posted it was most probably an insider, a la p3droid who has had it for a while.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463