Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jwaves's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Rom / Franco

    Default (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Im using franco's kernel and battery life is pretty decent for me I guess. I get about 12-14 hours daily. I'm just looking for a way to squeeze some extra life out by undervolting. I've tried a few settings but its always caused my phone to freeze up and restart. Does anyone know of any stable settings that help with battery life somewhat significantly
  2. #2  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Frequencies will vary from device to device but I'm sure the OP where you downloaded your kernel will have some good starting points for you.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  3. #3  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    I believe the latest (16.2) has newer settings/UV stuff. Check the change log.
  4. #4  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    I wanna stay on top with the latest releases but so far I've been really happy with what I have and don't feel a change is really justified. But I may just do it cuz I can.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  5. #5  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    I wanna stay on top with the latest releases but so far I've been really happy with what I have and don't feel a change is really justified. But I may just do it cuz I can.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    No kernel for you, correct? I love this one, but the past few nightlies have been....spotty at best lol
  6. #6  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    No kernel for you, correct? I love this one, but the past few nightlies have been....spotty at best lol
    Kernel...yes. of course! I'm on Franco's 15.1 nightly.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  7. #7  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Kernel...yes. of course! I'm on Franco's 15.1 nightly.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    You should update your profile thinger then that appears under your name lol

    So many changes since 15.1 btw; he added dynamic, then removed it. Then removed the default undervolt, and now, most radically IMHO, moved his "vaunted" minimum mhz of 700 down to 400 ("to see how it goes"). lol, oh Franco.
  8. #8  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    You should update your profile thinger then that appears under your name lol

    So many changes since 15.1 btw; he added dynamic, then removed it. Then removed the default undervolt, and now, most radically IMHO, moved his "vaunted" minimum mhz of 700 down to 400 ("to see how it goes"). lol, oh Franco.
    Have you flashed the latest?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  9. #9  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Have you flashed the latest?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Yup. I did like 85 updates when I got home; franco's, Nova, MS3's fix.

    I'm using the default's (except 1200 instead of 1000mhz) with hot plug on.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    jwaves's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Rom / Franco

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Frequencies will vary from device to device but I'm sure the OP where you downloaded your kernel will have some good starting points for you.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    well what frequencies do you use that have worked out well for you
  11. #11  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwaves View Post
    well what frequencies do you use that have worked out well for you
    Here's a few screenshots of what I have set up. Easier than me explaining.





    dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Here's a few screenshots of what I have set up. Easier than me explaining.

    Click to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image


    dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk
    What kind of battery life are you getting with this setup?
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  13. #13  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Pretty damn insane. Unplugged at 630am and at 430pm I was at 45%

    dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  14. #14  

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Pretty damn insane. Unplugged at 630am and at 430pm I was at 45%

    dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk
    Something has got to up with my phone then, because I can use it and just watch the phone drain. I'm trying out your settings now but I'll drop 10% just driving to work.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  15. #15  

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Example of what I'm dealing with:
    Unplugged at 7:15am
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  16. #16  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    FWIW, I and a few other GN users have noted that the battery does some weird quick drain (or appears to drain quickly) until like 92%, and then it sits.
  17. #17  
    clarker07's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    ROM
    Something Jelly

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Here's a few screenshots of what I have set up. Easier than me explaining
    I used all of the values you gave in the screenshots and my performance was good. Obviously I couldn't help myself and decreased them all by 25 and everything appears to be running fine.

    I've never experimented too much with undervolting so I'm wondering what will happen when I've found my phones minimum values? Will the phone freeze up and I will just have to restart and raise the values? I don't want to push the process too far without knowing what I'm looking for or how difficult it is going to be to correct when I inevitably push it too far.

    Thanks for your help and for posting those screenshots to get me started.
  18. #18  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clarker07 View Post
    I used all of the values you gave in the screenshots and my performance was good. Obviously I couldn't help myself and decreased them all by 25 and everything appears to be running fine.

    I've never experimented too much with undervolting so I'm wondering what will happen when I've found my phones minimum values? Will the phone freeze up and I will just have to restart and raise the values? I don't want to push the process too far without knowing what I'm looking for or how difficult it is going to be to correct when I inevitably push it too far.

    Thanks for your help and for posting those screenshots to get me started.
    Not a problem. I'm happy to help. Just make sure you don't set your values to "set on reboot" and you'll be OK if it does freeze up. I may follow your droidsteps and lower mine by 25 as well.

    dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  19. #19  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by clarker07 View Post
    I used all of the values you gave in the screenshots and my performance was good. Obviously I couldn't help myself and decreased them all by 25 and everything appears to be running fine.

    I've never experimented too much with undervolting so I'm wondering what will happen when I've found my phones minimum values? Will the phone freeze up and I will just have to restart and raise the values? I don't want to push the process too far without knowing what I'm looking for or how difficult it is going to be to correct when I inevitably push it too far.

    Thanks for your help and for posting those screenshots to get me started.
    SOD could (probably) happen. I know I saw a thread about its consequences a while ago, but I'm not sure if it was fearmongering or serious.
  20. #20  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    SOD could (probably) happen. I know I saw a thread about its consequences a while ago, but I'm not sure if it was fearmongering or serious.
    I lowered mine an addtionial 25 per value. Lets see how things go. Obviously didn't activate to set on boot.

    dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  21. #21  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Here's what I've got running now.


    dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  22. #22  
    clarker07's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    ROM
    Something Jelly

    Default Re: (Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

    had to back my numbers off a bit because the phone wouldn't come out of standby a couple of times. still seeing some better battery life since undervolting though. Or just seeing what I want to see...who knows.

Posting Permissions