Flashing Franco's kernel

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I just flashed the latest verison of Codename Android and wanted to give Franco's Kernel a go. Do I need to wipe anything before installing? And do I just install it like a ROM through recovery and that's everything? Thanks in advance!

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
After flashing Codename Android 1.3.3, my battery life became really bad. I decided to flash Franco's 13.1 kernel because that version was recommended to me. So far it's really fast, now I just hope the battery life improves at least a little, then I will be very satisfied.

walkingtaco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
In all honesty the buck to buy Franco's updating app is worth every penny. Very full featured and always being updated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed hundreds of kernels on different android devices and I've never wiped anything.

+1 kernel flashes do not require wiping. Kernel developer Imoseyon agrees. He says he doesn't wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I was going to give this it's own thread but since we're talking about Franco's, I'm running 17.2, has anyone tried to overclock to 1.5? Wondering how stable it is to go up to this setting? Does the phone get any hotter than normal?

jefmoody

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I was going to give this it's own thread but since we're talking about Franco's, I'm running 17.2, has anyone tried to overclock to 1.5? Wondering how stable it is to go up to this setting? Does the phone get any hotter than normal?

I tried it...seemed great at first then things started going wrong - apps appeared to no longer be installed correctly...errors...etc.

I will not go past 1.35 GHZ now

Reactions: orlanka

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22