Question about LTE

j0hn13y

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus has a 4G chipset with a sim card. I am curious about the other uses of this sim slot. For example, the HTC rezound has unannounced global capabilities, just by swapping in a sim. Can the Gnexus do that? Also, is it only 700Mhz LTE? It would be great to hop networks if AT&T got LTE to me first. From the looks of wikipedia, I would need a multiband LTE phone to be able to roam internationally, but i don't hardly leave the country.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If I'm correct on this LTE is ONLY data, so you couldn't get on att because vzw is a CDMA network and att is a GSM network so you wouldn't have any voice network in your phone because our vzw phones have CDMA radios.

But I'm sure you could purchase an unlocked GSM GN and activate it on atts network.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If I'm correct on this LTE is ONLY data, so you couldn't get on att because vzw is a CDMA network and att is a GSM network so you wouldn't have any voice network in your phone because our vzw phones have CDMA radios.

But I'm sure you could purchase an unlocked GSM GN and activate it on atts network.

For the same reason, this can't be a world phone...no GSM radio, no world phone, regardless of the SIM card used.