4.0.4 Radios on custom ROM

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in flashing just the 4.0.4 radios onto the AOKP 26 ROM.

My question(s) are:
First of all, can I flash just the radios only onto my ROM without doing a wipe?
Secondly, where is the best place to download said radios?

Is anyone running these radios on AOKP? And if so, how's it working for you?

Thanks,
Jeff

jpbass7

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You can find links to all the radios, in different formats (CWM or fastboot) on this page. If you are flashing in CWM, I would wipe cache and dalvik (but I do that anytime I flash anything). No need to wipe data or system. The radios are independent of the ROM and will survive ROM updates/flashes/etc. Radios are very much YMMV, so the best thing is to try it out. Good luck.

Reactions: Jeff43

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
You can find links to all the radios, in different formats (CWM or fastboot) on this page. If you are flashing in CWM, I would wipe cache and dalvik (but I do that anytime I flash anything). No need to wipe data or system. The radios are independent of the ROM and will survive ROM updates/flashes/etc. Radios are very much YMMV, so the best thing is to try it out. Good luck.

I just tried to do this, however it did not work for me. I am currently running aokp build 27 with franco's kernel and I put the radios on my phone and wiped cache and dalvik and installed it and it said installation complete however it did not work correctly. I am confused as to why?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to do this, however it did not work for me. I am currently running aokp build 27 with franco's kernel and I put the radios on my phone and wiped cache and dalvik and installed it and it said installation complete however it did not work correctly. I am confused as to why?

How did you install them (from recovery in CWM?) and what makes you think that it did not work?

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

What Baseband version does your phone show you have now?

If you flashed the .4 radios it should be CDMA Radio Version - FA02/LTE Radio Version- FA02

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
What Baseband version does your phone show you have now?

If you flashed the .4 radios it should be CDMA Radio Version - FA02/LTE Radio Version- FA02

The baseband version of my phone is I515.09 V.FA02 / I515.FA02 is this the correct baseband version for the 4.0.4 radios? I flashed cwm and went into recovery wiped cache and dalvik, then installed the zip from sd card to install the radios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol