Overheating!

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
running codename (latest) and franco kernel (latest) my phone hits 100 degress plus after 2 min phone calls and txts. I left my phone in my pocket for about and hour and it was still hot thinking of reverting to stock an re-rooting and flashing everything any other ideas?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
running codename (latest) and franco kernel (latest) my phone hits 100 degress plus after 2 min phone calls and txts. I left my phone in my pocket for about and hour and it was still hot thinking of reverting to stock an re-rooting and flashing everything any other ideas?

really really dumb question but are u sure you are reading 100 degrees C, not F? 100F isnt that hot for electronics, but I dotn know how that particular rom and kernal display temps.

If you are getting 100C with your phone you shouldnt even be able to hold on to it for longer than a second, thats hot enough to give you a first degree burn.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
really really dumb question but are u sure you are reading 100 degrees C, not F? 100F isnt that hot for electronics, but I dotn know how that particular rom and kernal display temps.

If you are getting 100C with your phone you shouldnt even be able to hold on to it for longer than a second, thats hot enough to give you a first degree burn.

He didn't say the units of measure, obviously F is more realistic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

its F. and idk my phone just seems warmer compared to a few weeks ago. And whenever it gets hot it kills the battery.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
its F. and idk my phone just seems warmer compared to a few weeks ago. And whenever it gets hot it kills the battery.

Well its not the heat killing the battery... It's whatever process you're running that is taxing the phone resources. The phone heat and battery drain are both effects of using lots of resources.

Tyegly

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many battery apps will give you the internal battery temperature. I've also heard that some battery apps can cause issues with 4G phones, though I can't personally confirm this.

I use an app called Phone Info which gives a lot of info including the battery temperature.

On my old Palm Pre, I had a homebrew apps that gave battery temperature and CPU temperature. They were never the same. Some things caused the battery to heat up and some things caused the CPU to heat (overclocking, for one). Would be nice to have an app that showed the battery and CPU temperatures but maybe the GNex isn't capable of measuring the CPU temp?

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've tried using various battery meter apps and widgets. But, usually end uninstalling them because they drain the battery too.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Typically it is a process that is causing an overheat. Or even sometimes the 4G/3G switch. I find it that when I'm using 3G, my nexus, bionic and razr maxx get quite warm. Try using juice defender and android assistant, you should see it cool down significantly with that app running and maintain an amazing battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech