[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This just in: Vending machines respond to verbal threats of physical violence.

In case you missed it:

Yes because improved battery life, dual LED flash, 64 bit processor, finger print scanner, M7 contextual processor, double CPU performance, double GPU performance and bigger lens all in the same body as the 5 is an totally not an engineering feat right?SMH

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
In case you missed it:

Yes because improved battery life, dual LED flash, 64 bit processor, finger print scanner, M7 contextual processor, double CPU performance, double GPU performance and bigger lens all in the same body as the 5 is an totally not an engineering feat right?SMH

I'm not saying it's not an improvement, but camera and processor improvements every year are a given. I think the 64 bit is more of an upgrade than the quad core to octa core is, but for similar reasons, not much is going to take advantage of it for a bit. But that basically leaves us with battery (most would say given) and the finger print scanner. I'd say the camera improvement was the actual biggest thing in the update. The 5c is the actual joke today, not the 5s, but the 5s is still very a minimal upgrade when compared to other flagship annual updates we've seen lately (s3 to s4, razr to droid, optimus g to g2, one x to one, etc). This wasn't even a bash against apple, it was a bash against the S4 is an S3s crowd.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, the market is rapidly maturing and we're going to be more and more bored with updates. How many articles do we tear through about rumored HP desktops or Asus' new mobo? The information is there, but it's pretty low drama and updates are incredibly incremental. It's actually somewhat impressive that in many ways the mobile world is way ahead of desktop in terms of contextual (for obvious reasons), voice and touch device interaction.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying it's not an improvement, but camera and processor improvements every year are a given. I think the 64 bit is more of an upgrade than the quad core to octa core is, but for similar reasons, not much is going to take advantage of it for a bit. But that basically leaves us with battery (most would say given) and the finger print scanner. I'd say the camera improvement was the actual biggest thing in the update. The 5c is the actual joke today, not the 5s, but the 5s is still very a minimal upgrade when compared to other flagship annual updates we've seen lately (s3 to s4, razr to droid, optimus g to g2, one x to one, etc). This wasn't even a bash against apple, it was a bash against the S4 is an S3s crowd.

I would say the iPhone 5 to 5S is the same upgrade as S3 to S4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
As useful as an octacore processor...

Already existed in the Atrix, released in 2011. And who knows how reliable it'll be?

Come on, this is not the first phone that brings improvements while maintaining the same size.

Do you know how big the S3 and S4 body is? They could fit a lot if stuff in it. The iPhone 5S is physically smaller then the S4 and it still makes all the S4 from S3 improvements that made Samsheep go baaaaaa.

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Any thoughts between the vzw HTC One and the vzw Moto X :confused: I had both an HTC phone( Original Incredible) before and a (Moto DX).I have seen reviews on each and read comments on those reviews and cant find a clear winner between the two

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Any thoughts between the vzw HTC One and the vzw Moto X :confused: I had both an HTC phone( Original Incredible) before and a (Moto DX).I have seen reviews on each and read comments on those reviews and cant find a clear winner between the two

I went with the Moto X. The camera isn't as good as the One (it's not bad either at all) but I like the stock feel much better and active notifications and touchless controls are both worth it to me.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Twins? I'm sure they will sell a crapload of these things, seeing how Apple can now offer customers something other than ?last year?s model? when they walk into a store looking for a $99 (subsidized) phone, even though the 5C is actually last year's model in bright new clothes. They will be rolling in the profits with this thing, that's for sure.

But their "marketing" has gone beyond ridiculous. Jony Ive describes the 5C as ?beautifully, unapologetically plastic.? As they say on Sunday NFL Countdown...C'Mon Man!!!

Attachments

• nokia_620_large_comboshot.jpg
    nokia_620_large_comboshot.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 15
  • HT_iphone_5C-colors_thg-130910_16x9_992.jpg
    HT_iphone_5C-colors_thg-130910_16x9_992.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 14

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 5C is very stupid. I cringed when they were trying to market it too us in the video (this coming from an Apple fanboy)
But here is what I had to say about the 5S:

The M7 can track when you are driving or walking and adjusts Apple or Google maps(when Google updates it to take advantage of it) to either mode. Plus you've got it knowing when you are sleeping so it pings the network a whole lot less. The dual flash with the software can produce over 1000 colour and intensity levels. Plus you have basically an 8 ultra pixel camera with HD Slo Mo video and normal video recorded at 120FPS.slo mo is at 60 FPS. The die size and the nm process is smaller therefore it is more efficient and the battery capacity has gotten a slight boost. On top of all that the GPU takes full advantage of the 64 bit computing opportunity a d graphics really look stunning.

Fingerprint scanner is sorta gimmicky right now but it has huge potential. Please don't call the 5S a small upgrade when it isn't.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Still talking about the almost same from last year phone?! :eek:

I'll be back later, I got more important things to do...
:D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Let's keep the phone debates in the phone-wars threads and out of Chatter. I'd rather not wear my mod hat in here.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Let's keep the phone debates in the phone-wars threads and out of Chatter. I'd rather not wear my mod hat in here.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

My thoughts exactly,chatter is what it is ,because of the lack of fighting and the relative peace that comes along with this thread,and I can say truthfully this is the first time I have seen anything along the lines of a fight in chatter in the two years(or so) I have been here,so let's all calm down, okay.

sent through space time.