[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
ESPN SportsCenter - NHL announces cancellation of games through Nov. 1
Sent from my Nexus

Sorry but seriously? Didn't they just lock out a couple of years ago? I dont watch it anyway but come on.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

Don't follow hockey so don't know what's going on. Didn't the last labor dispute kill the NHL's popularity? At this rate, there will hardly be anyone watching whenever they resume.

Sent from my SGSIII

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but seriously? Didn't they just lock out a couple of years ago? I dont watch it anyway but come on.

Yup ,,afraid so just got that alert a little while ago

Edit: I dont watch hockey any more either , the fight used to be the best part

Last edited:

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I love hockey

it took the better part of 5+ years to get there ratings up after the last lockout, this is going to make it worse.
For all there ing about money (both sides) they all will loose more with out playing, then they are currently arguing about.

Less fans> less money>more arguing>Less hockey......wash and repeat

I just want to watch the RED WINGS!!!!!!

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing.....All this arguing and unwillingness on both side to work together to come to agreement looks more important to them then there fans!
I don't think they have learned anything for the last Lockout. As a professional sports team, you are nothing with out your fans. No viewers, attendance, memorabilia sales and more......no need for a team!

Plain and simple!

sorry for the rant, this lockout is not sitting well with me :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All pro sports in general are a joke... These athletes figure they should be making millions upon millions every year plus endorsements and all the extras.

Its like come on man in the couple years you sit on top of a big contract you make more than most people make in their entire working career. Then you turn around and blow it on crap and have nothing to show for it at the end..

They all need a wake up call when it comes to the prices of their contracts.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing.....All this arguing and unwillingness on both side to work together to come to agreement looks more important to them then there fans!
I don't think they have learned anything for the last Lockout. As a professional sports team, you are nothing with out your fans. No viewers, attendance, memorabilia sales and more......no need for a team!

Plain and simple!

sorry for the rant, this lockout is not sitting well with me :(

Yup that's true with all these professional teams in All sports/or refs for that matter

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
All pro sports in general are a joke... These athletes figure they should be making millions upon millions every year plus endorsements and all the extras.

True to some extent. But think about how much money people are willing to dump into these sports. Tried to go to a Bears game lately? Or even a Hawks game the year they won or the year immediately following? The demand was there, so prices soared. Why shouldn't the players get a large cut of that? Without them that demand wouldn't exist. I'm all for people being greedy, but they need to be able to be greedy as a team (players AND owners together). If people are willing to part with their money, take it. But don't screw the fans over as a direct result of your infighting.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I leave you guys unsupervised for like 45 minutes and look at what's happens.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sure I'm not saying they don't deserve to make good money, they beat them selves up on the field/court/ice and ruin their bodies. Sure its worth good money in return for what they do but when it comes down to being greedy over your contracts causing a lockout then you have gone to far. It like when the Hawks won, sure they deserved a bump in contracts but they all wanted huge increases and in the end what happened? They basically were forced to dismantle a championship team and it wasn't all due to just the salary cap it was the players just being too darn greedy. You won't give me what I want I'll got down the street to the next team that will..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm far from the big sports fan either.... I don't watch much sports but maybe if we didn't have to hear about 8/10 sports related highlights/stories being over contracts and money each night/week I would have more interest in sports.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sports teams, advertisers, the world in general is to blame. We pay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for people to entertain us. Sports, celebrities you name it. Its friggin rediculous and out of control.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm far from the big sports fan either.... I don't watch much sports but maybe if we didn't have to hear about 8/10 sports related highlights/stories being over contracts and money each night/week I would have more interest in sports.

Sure. My point was just that the players aren't the only ones being greedy. Both sides want a bigger slice of the pie.

And money talk is always going to be around. It sells. As a country, people like talking about and hearing about the financial side. It's true for all industries (Wall St. execs make too much/have too large "golden parachutes"/sports contract negotiations/public unions get too many benefits/etc). Unfortunately that is unavoidable, it seems.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sports teams, advertisers, the world in general is to blame. We pay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for people to entertain us. Sports, celebrities you name it. Its friggin rediculous and out of control.

This I can definitely get behind. And it's more than just the money. Our society idolizes these folks. Tell me again why the Kardashians/Jersey Shore/Honey Boo Boo/et al. are so famous (and therefore wealthy). Sometimes I truly don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome