[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

Haha dude I didn't even flash V5 yet :-X

Lol it dropped as I was going out last night, since it was a rebuild I wanted to do a full wipe not a cheapy.. so no time to do it. Today had to work from 6am to 2pm then got home and passed out... now V6 is out and everyone I know is banging at the door to get me to come out already so I can't even flash that yet... haha hopefully tomorrow :(

Tsk tsk tsk priorities!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

It's awesome. Best release yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

i had a slew of problems iwth v2 but v6 is so far working well.

still gonna give plain old m4 a flash, probably this evening, but v6 could be a daily driver at this point.

Edit to ask a general question:

Anyone want to share their impressions of ICSorcery?

(lookin at you davidnc)

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Edit to ask a general question:

Anyone want to share their impressions of ICSorcery?

(lookin at you davidnc)

HaHa ok .
ICSorcery is what I would call a unique/different kinda rom .
Its use Apex Launcher as it default launcher and I have stuck with that just cause I heard alot of good things on the Apex Launcher .I am still learning the Apex launcher settings so actually learning the rom settings along with the launcher settings.
It has the typical notifications in the pull down bar as most roms do now where you can choose what widget buttons you want there (17 to choose from) I choose the typical bluetooth,wifi,Lte,Gps,doesnt have a torch toggle there yet.But it does have a search light icon in the app drawer for a flashlight.
There are other options you can select in the pull down bar that are similar to AOKP

It doesnt have the volume rocker wake up screen that I miss but hear its coming in furture updates.

Also as of right not you can select a batttery bar,battery percentage battery bar color,,, but you can not hide the battery icon even when you select the battery bar but again I hear thats coming in update.

You can center the clock or remove the clock as well as change colors of it .
You can set targets on the lockscreen up to 8 targets.
On the menu bar you have the back button ,home page,task,search with the option to add the menu button .But you can not remove any of these buttons just add the menu button.You can change the colors of these buttons though.
Typical power menu buttons to toggle on or off as you prefer.
Also you can add custom carrier name to the pulldown.
It has two things I havent figured out too haha an Altimeter and an pressureNet I dont know wth they do however :confused:
It has Quiet Hours .

Now for the interesting part in addition to the ICSorcery Modifications settings they have an ICSorcery Toolbox
In the toolbox you can change its broke down in sections.

Customize settings
Animations,boot animations fonts,kernels,soft key Mods(you can have them as the default icons on change them to show in text format all styles of text)
Device Manager
There is an App manager:,Extra Apps ,Push Notifications ,Mods,Rom Updates,Slide Exployer(which is a different kinda of file manager)
and theme manager
Tools section:
Dev tools,Overclocking Settings,Spare parts(we are know what that is ),Terminal Emulator,Testing Menu, and Wireless ADB
Tweaks Section:
block ads,cache cleaner,fix permissions,LCD Density,VMheap size(dont know what that is),WiFi scan Interval,Wipe Battery stats and zipalign applications.

I went in depth on the toolbox just to mention all the settings ,yup I covered all of those ha.

My overall impression was it was a fast smooth Rom while it didnt have a few of the common customizations I mentioned at the beginning I read that they are going to add those in updates.I have made a nand backup of this rom.I will be looking forward to how this Rom procedes .The only Roms I flashed on the Galaxy Nexus has been Bugless Beast,Bugless Beast Remix,CodeName Android,AOKP, and AOKP BlackIce,this Rom kinda stands out from those due to its toolbox settings.I have no complaints about this Rom it just takes getting use to .I guess thats all I can think of right now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

wow great review right there.

sounds pretty interesting actually - axiom has a similar feature (masturmods) where you can change the softkeys etc.

you're saying the search button is locked into the softkeys and can't be removed?? weird.

one other thing - did you notice if you can set hte volume keys to advance-retreat tracks in the music player while screen is off? that's one of my most used features on aokp.

Thanks alot for the review - that was incredibly helpful and all around just a great breakdown of icsorcery.

Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
wow great review right there.

sounds pretty interesting actually - axiom has a similar feature (masturmods) where you can change the softkeys etc.

you're saying the search button is locked into the softkeys and can't be removed?? weird.

one other thing - did you notice if you can set the volume keys to advance-retreat tracks in the music player while screen is off? that's one of my most used features on aokp.

Thanks alot for the review - that was incredibly helpful and all around just a great breakdown of icsorcery.

Yup search button or no softkey button can be removed as far as I know.Only the menu button can be added ,,if its added then you have 5 softkey buttons showing.This might get changed I like having the option to remove the task button myself.

The only thing I saw about playing media keys was you could add buttons to the pulldown bar to skip to next,skip to previous ,toggle play/pause.But you would have to wake screen for that.I looked but couldnt find any other setting for that.

sent from my Galaxy Nexus

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

its not a dealbreaker but its really convenient (when driving or walking to class) to have a no-look, screen off, track change.

gotta finish some work and maybe i'll flash that just for kicks later.

thanks again d

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Just auto-flashed R89 (franco kernel). FrancoTurtle is back!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

notice much of a difference? i think 85 comes baked into monolith and i havent changed it.

R85 is baked in. I flashed it just for francoTurtle. Franco himself said it may hurt interactivity, but so far so good.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

^i wish.

i dont always drink milkshakes, but when i do i prefer ... black and white.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

r94 with francoTurtle gov is awesome. Enable hotplug, disable logger. Since francoTurtle was reintroduced my phone has been sipping battery its great :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

r94 with francoTurtle gov is awesome. Enable hotplug, disable logger. Since francoTurtle was reintroduced my phone has been sipping battery its great :)

What min/max cpu mhz are you running?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

What min/max cpu mhz are you running?

700 min / 1200 max

And I haven't really screwed with undervolting much either, I mostly leave them stock or turn down by 25-50 max. I think with r94 since he raised the lowest slot I might have even lost my custom voltages. In any case I'll attach a screenshot in a sec with how I have them set now in case you're interested. Can't rave enough about this setup though, in terms of both speed/fluidity and batt life it is top notch. Obviously you'd see it go a little faster I think when you first turn the screen on if you use OnDemand gov or something, but turtle's batt savings are worth it.

EDIT: Not letting me attach a screenshot for some reason.. Anyway my voltages are:
From lowest slot on up. I'm sure they could be lowered, but honestly no need to screw with them, IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol