[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Fell in love tonight. I'll have more to say about it tomorrow maybe.. The night is still young ;)

Also getting crunked at the bar here..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351313439636.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351313439636.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 15

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well chatter I slipped going down the stairs this afternoon and broke at least my big toe on my left foot, and possibly a few other toes. I haven't gone to the doctor yet but the wife said I need to go. After all she's the registered nurse.

On the good side I put the pain aside and got my tv mounted and running ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I do drink mixes just as I do awesome dinners. I'll start posting some stuff soon... such as my much-liked caramelized banana Fireball whiskey concoction. Takes a while to make though.

Recipe and pics? Nao!

Well chatter I slipped going down the stairs this afternoon and broke at least my big toe on my left foot, and possibly a few other toes. I haven't gone to the doctor yet but the wife said I need to go. After all she's the registered nurse.

Broken toes suck cause there's nothing that can really be done for them.

And awesome on the TV. Hope you got the TV firmly mounted to a stud. And where are those pics?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Doh, that sucks Paul!! Good thing there's beer, to numb the pain, lol.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Recipe and pics? Nao!

I'll put something together in more detail for the chatter crowd soon.

1. Caramelize bananas in much the same way you would for a bananas foster (using butter and sugar, and vanilla extract if desired). If making an alcoholic drink, do not add cinnamon. Otherwise, feel free to add some.
  2. Vary the time and temperature used in step 1 in order to achieve a higher or lower viscosity caramelized mixture as desired. Any viscosity will work well for making alcoholic drinks, it's up to personal preference. High-viscosity (molasses-like or still in the form of bananas) will work best for making pudding, banana/vanilla-flavored chocolate, and other desserts/food items.
  3. To make the Fireball whiskey drink, submerge the result of step 1/2 into Fireball whiskey. Try to avoid putting any burned material or liquids with water-like viscosity from the pan into the Fireball. It's hard to separate them later.
  4. Seal and let sit. Depending on how you prepared the mix, you might prefer leaving the flavor to combine for hours, days, or even longer. If you make this, try opening occasionally, shaking/stirring very well, and sampling the flavor/consistency.
  5. When flavor has permeated the Fireball enough, you can decide how much of the caramelized material to remove. The more you decide to remove, the more time you have to spend doing it. But the more you leave in, the less you drink with it. The stringy banana fibers can give a very odd sensation when trying to drink it. ;)

This method works extremely well for caramelized banana/butter/sugar/cinnamon/vanilla pudding, non-alcoholic of course. This is a rough version, I'm pretty tired now. I'll re-read this tomorrow and see if I forgot something.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My buddy's brother as Dexter.. Pic doesn't even do justice its a proper costume

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351317746284.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351317746284.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 27

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

1. Caramelize bananas in much the same way you would for a bananas foster (using butter and sugar, and vanilla extract if desired). If making an alcoholic drink, do not add cinnamon. Otherwise, feel free to add some.
  2. Vary the time and temperature used in step 1 in order to achieve a higher or lower viscosity caramelized mixture as desired. Any viscosity will work well for making alcoholic drinks, it's up to personal preference. High-viscosity (molasses-like or still in the form of bananas) will work best for making pudding, banana/vanilla-flavored chocolate, and other desserts/food items.
  3. To make the Fireball whiskey drink, submerge the result of step 1/2 into Fireball whiskey. Try to avoid putting any burned material or liquids with water-like viscosity from the pan into the Fireball. It's hard to separate them later.
  4. Seal and let sit. Depending on how you prepared the mix, you might prefer leaving the flavor to combine for hours, days, or even longer. If you make this, try opening occasionally, shaking/stirring very well, and sampling the flavor/consistency.
  5. When flavor has permeated the Fireball enough, you can decide how much of the caramelized material to remove. The more you decide to remove, the more time you have to spend doing it. But the more you leave in, the less you drink with it. The stringy banana fibers can give a very odd sensation when trying to drink it. ;)

This method works extremely well for caramelized banana/butter/sugar/cinnamon/vanilla pudding, non-alcoholic of course. This is a rough version, I'm pretty tired now. I'll re-read this tomorrow and see if I forgot something.

Couldn't you make an essence? Basically the same, but the final step is straining the mixture through cheesecloth before adding to the liquor. Or straining afterwards, but some precious liquid will be lost that way.
Thus, no pesky fibers to interference with proper enjoyment, yet all the amazing flavour.

Just a thought.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Good morning, gents! Bacon, smoked sausage link, fried bologna, and pecan pie. It's what's for breakfast.

Don't judge me, it is Alabama you know.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351337571578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351337571578.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351337583126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351337583126.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 20

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Broken toes suck cause there's nothing that can really be done for them.

And awesome on the TV. Hope you got the TV firmly mounted to a stud. And where are those pics?
Tv is solid and it's on the studs and not going anywhere. Pics will be later once I put my mess back together.

My foot is freaking killing me!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

That sounds so yummy! It's a shame the alcohol disappears though ;)

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
you guys want a fall drink that will knock you socks off, try this
awesome/evil stuff

Apple Pie

1 qt. Everclear
1 gal. Apple Juice
1 gal. Cider, apple
7 sticks Cinnamon Stick
800 g (4 Cups) Sugar

Mixing Instructions
Mix apple juice, apple cider, sugar, and cinnamon sticks together. Boil until cinnamon sticks lose flavor. Add Everclear. Refrigerate

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance