[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Lost my sd card last week doing jelly belly. 4.2 is good in some ways, phcked in others. I lost lotsa stuff. Live and learn. :)

Did the same thing last week lol. I wiped my internal and external drives with backups on them. Nearly hard bricked. At on point my phone would not respond to several battery pulls. Nothing like a fresh start.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm fairly confident I did well on half of my first part of my final in culinary math. Now to wait till 2:45 in a town I've never been to.

So far, the mall really, REALLY sucks.

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Good morning chatter... Just ordered my tmobile sim card kit... Now wht accessories to buy... Case?... Screen protectors?:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
This is the most interesting. Tapatalk error I've ever seen the first page of chatter is the page I showed earlier... and the second page is normal wtf....:confused:

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lunch time who's posting lunch pictures? I can't afford lunch today so I we won't be able to :( ha

sent from my Nexus

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just learned about this option in the n4 forum. Its getting on tmo's pay as you go plan. It doesn't have cell data only phone and sms minutes and you refill your plan as you use the minutes. I'd say 80% of my data is on wifi, but for sure having no cell data will be a pain.
I used to be on a pay as you go plan on att several years ago and $100 would last me 3 months, compared to the $85 vz charges me a month.
I been seriously thinking about going back to a dumbphone to save on monthly charges...so this is even better. A smartphone to use on wifi and save MAJOR bucks.
Kinda cripples the nice Nexus. What u guys think?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the most interesting. Tapatalk error I've ever seen the first page of chatter is the page I showed earlier... and the second page is normal wtf....:confused:

Speaking of errors. When my phone was off hard bricked almost, I held down the volume rocker and power button before inserting the battery. This put it in a long cycle of a silent boot loop. Just a vibration, over and over. Then another attempt, same thing with cable plugged in. Same results, rhythmic vibration. Let it sit then BOOM! Custom recovery. Don't know what I would have done without the sd card slot....This is one reason a prepaid n4 on t mobile may still tempt me. OEM fast boot.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I just learned about this option in the n4 forum. Its getting on tmo's pay as you go plan. It doesn't have cell data only phone and sms minutes and you refill your plan as you use the minutes. I'd say 80% of my data is on wifi, but for sure having no cell data will be a pain.
I used to be on a pay as you go plan on att several years ago and $100 would last me 3 months, compared to the $85 vz charges me a month.
I been seriously thinking about going back to a dumbphone to save on monthly charges...so this is even better. A smartphone to use on wifi and save MAJOR bucks.

If email isn't critical to have all the time, I say go for it.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey I say go ahead and DO IT:):thumbup: better then going back to a dumb phone by a lot:)
Also verizon reminds me of oil company's because they can just keep raising prices knowing people need their phone its bs...go to tmobile:)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

If you can live without mobile data, sounds like a great way to save some money. You can always switch to a plan with data if it turns out not to work for you.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could stay longer, even chill with a fat glass of red. Off to the second half of my internship for this weak. Have a great day all!