[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody actually use Google Now in here? Just got JB on my RAZR and it seems to work fine but no cards are showing up in my notification tray, whereas if I enter GN through my lockscreen, I have one for the weather and 4 package tracking cards (which is awesome, btw.)

Edit -- funny, as soon as I post this, here they come, lol.

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody actually use Google Now in here? Just got JB on my RAZR and it seems to work fine but no cards are showing up in my notification tray, whereas if I enter GN through my lockscreen, I have one for the weather and 4 package tracking cards (which is awesome, btw.)

i have it turned off bc i never use it. wastes battery.

nice to have the talk to google to ask things, but i have bw for weather and all that and the cards were mostly pointless for me.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
i have it turned off bc i never use it. wastes battery.

nice to have the talk to google to ask things, but i have bw for weather and all that and the cards were mostly pointless for me.

I'm sure I'll get rid of it, but for now it's new and shiny and I must has it.

Technically, I had it on my Optimus V, but there's quite a difference between JB on a 600mhz proc and on a 1.2ghz dual core :)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Never went out of my way to use it, but I like it. I travel often, so the eta with traffic is awesome. It just does....

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have a great day chatter lymphocytes. <---Lmao at what chatterly auto corrects to on my Nexus. @7stringer, can you link the site you upload music at? Being done with school, it is time to dust off my ax.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

I use it often and I am in love. We may have beautiful Google Later babies. :eek: :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
just had alligator. it was fried, basically tasted like fancy chicken nuggets, kind of.
also had a lobster roll.
and some of a pulled pork sandwich.

all in all, not bad. probably wouldnt go for gator again. this place has some wild looking hamburgers and all kinds of arkansas bbq as well as louisiana seafood-y stuff.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got home after eating the traditional Christmas lunch at shop.
Outta work until Jan.3, 2013 :)

sent from my SIII

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I use Google Now extensively, and very frequently. I've noticed no significant decrease in battery life as a result of leaving it on, but the advantages for me have been more than worth it.

Weather -- including voice search "weather 98650," for example. I check them regularly for my photography work around Western Washington.
Traffic -- voice search directions to restaurants, etc. I look up restaurants briefly on my computer, and the notification with traffic delays shows up in the notification bar very quickly.
Appointments -- I have calendar notifications off, but Google Now's integration replaces it very well. The travel delays (i.e. 25 mins delay, leave now) have been very informative.
Sports -- I'm not a big sports guy. As such, seeing basic sports stats of the Seattle teams lets me stay somewhat in touch with their progress without watching the games.
Packages -- the Gmail integration is cool. I like seeing all my package delivery information in one place, especially now when I have multiple camera items shipping at once.
Public Alerts -- again, very useful in relation to my photography work. Easy view for blizzard and winter storm warnings in the areas I may shoot in.​

The voice search (i.e. "navigate to x," "when did x die?," "what does x mean," etc.) has been increasingly useful to me as I get used to taking advantage of it when I have simple questions.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I basically just have it set for weather, birthdays, and packages. I didn't bother with the traffic alerts as it seems like a safe assumption that no data is available for my area. I'll check it back on though just for kicks, can't hurt. Still gauging my battery life on this new ROM vs stock also, so I'm more inclined to keep more services going so I can have some to cut back if it gets too bad.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of writing articles on places like squiddo.com and making a little money via google adsense.. just for kicks because why not right;):)thoughts?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I basically just have it set for weather, birthdays, and packages. I didn't bother with the traffic alerts as it seems like a safe assumption that no data is available for my area. I'll check it back on though just for kicks, can't hurt. Still gauging my battery life on this new ROM vs stock also, so I'm more inclined to keep more services going so I can have some to cut back if it gets too bad.

i dunno if it really affects battery but it definitely looks for info pretty regularly. you can probably adjust how it operates also.

anyway, everything i would do with g now i already do with a browser and google nav so i'm pretty set.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So I posted about that Asian woman who came into my lane Sunday night and hit her brakes to turn left (causing me to rear-end her). She has hired an attorney and is claiming "injuries."

****ing ridiculous. Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Two scratches on her car (literally), she barely spoke any English to me and was entirely unhelpful, and is now "injured."

Edit: to be fair, I realize that it is always possible.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So I posted about that Asian woman who came into my lane Sunday night and hit her brakes to turn left (causing me to rear-end her). She has hired an attorney and is claiming "injuries."

****ing ridiculous. Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Two scratches on her car (literally), she barely spoke any English to me and was entirely unhelpful, and is now "injured."

Isn't a rear-end collision always the fault of the one who hit the other car?

I realize how ridiculous this is and you most likely were not at fault, just saying that it sucks that you'll probably get F'ed here. I was the one doing the hitting once and as soon as the lady in front of me got out of her car she admitted that she has only been driving a stickshift for a couple of days and she killed it right in front of me, leaving me no time to stop. Still had to pay. FFFFUUUUUUU.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

that sucks i had that once.

if your insurance company is competent, their lawyer will settle this for small change. you might be deposed. the lawyer should prep you to know what you're going to say and all that.

anyway, it shouldn't effect you much more than (maybe) raising your insurance rate a bit.

sucks tho.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
that sucks i had that once.

if your insurance company is competent, their lawyer will settle this for small change. you might be deposed. the lawyer should prep you to know what you're going to say and all that.

anyway, it shouldn't effect you much more than (maybe) raising your insurance rate a bit.

sucks tho.

Yeah, it really does suck. And it's going to cost me a lot down the road as I'm still under 21; my premiums are going to go up. A lot.

Edit: just what I needed. The sheet that I wrote all of her information down on got caught by the rain. It's illegible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc