[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
alright guys,so i really have been trying to come to terms with my life,and what i can do,what i can be..perhaps if i can get over what happened in my childhood(i would really prefer not to talk about it thanks guys:))..i will be able to move on with my life..things like doctor who,nerdist,chatter,and G+ help me to move on,anyways on a more postive note my high school bowling team is undefeated through 6 games in a 10 game season,so that is great..

Big daddy is right. Don't try to forget. Instead, embrace it as part of you. You learned from it, therefore it is a good thing it happened. :)

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I really don't get it. This data connectivity problem is back. It's a different device (I actually have two in front of me right now, I've tested on both), a different SIM card, I've verified and manually reset the APN entries, and tried multiple towers (1900MHz and non-1900MHz alike). The only common denominator left is that this is happening on my new(ish) plan. Usually when Android/mobile devices throw me a challenge, I enjoy it. Even the hard ones. Not this time. At this point, regular applications such as Google Voice, Bank of America, Google Drive, etc. will rarely even work. It can take up to five minutes in the browser to get the data flowing. And the "quick fixes" like rebooting, airplane mode? Yeah, no. This is on the network side. Everything else has been ruled out.

My Nexus 4 is now a WiFi device running off my VZW unlimited LTE hotspot through an old Galaxy Nexus. Irony? I think so. :D

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Temple Run 2 is out, ya'll

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)

Just saw that.. I'm resisting the urge to download it and all the other good games so I can preserve what little free time I have already. :D

:-\

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Happy Thursday ChatterHeads
Today mite be last day of work week for me if sleet and frrezing rain happen friday.
I hate that stuff .Storm isn't coming right to give us snow here for where im at.

sent from my nexus

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Happy Thursday ChatterHeads
Today mite be last day of work week for me if sleet and frrezing rain happen friday.
I hate that stuff .Storm isn't coming right to give us snow here for where im at.

sent from my nexus

What do you do for work? And man, I love snow. ^_^

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What do you do for work? And man, I love snow. ^_^

I work in a small machine shop ,as quality control, mic calibration mainly but also deliver parts, pick up parts, etc. So just depends on what needs doing. Yup I love snow :D just not sleet or freezing rain

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I work in a small machine shop ,as quality control, mic calibration mainly but also deliver parts, pick up parts, etc. So just depends on what needs doing. Yup I love snow :D just not sleet or freezing rain

That sounds fun. And I think the rest of the world is with you on that one. ;)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Quick update on my quest for a data connectivity resolution (skip if uninterested):

After two hours of researching the data connectivity issue, I found a vague mention of some sort of Qualcomm-related patches. franco.Kernel supposedly includes said patch(es) (his changelog indicates numerous Qualcomm patches unrelated to connectivity, as well as several connectivity-focused patches with unspecified names/origins), as well as a few other tweaks. Flashed it. So far, so good. I've had good luck solving data connectivity problems in the past -- having fixed the VZW Galaxy Nexus LTE authentication failure issue months before the radio patch OTA -- so if I can figure this one out to my own satisfaction, I will investigate it further and hopefully write something up.​

If, however, this damned data issue pops back up in six hours like it did last time...

gw-16170812-rage-gif-.gif

(Don't worry, I'll sacrifice the old Galaxy Nexuses before going anywhere near the shiny new Nexus 4.)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont change my launcher dock icons much myself.About all I change is the wallpaper and what widgets or icons I have on my homescreen,and 99.9 percent of the time only have 1 homescreen ;) So basically I keep mine pretty simple and uncluttered which works for me ,lol