Help would be really appreciated.

ckyo01

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am a complete beginner in this rooting business. in other words i dont know anything at all and i dabbled where i shouldnt have.

i rooted my galaxy nexus and then i tried to flash codename android and i accidentally flashed gapps first. now i cant get past the white google opening splash screen.

if someone would be willing to IM chat with me to help me solve my problem that would really be amazing. I am freaking out at the moment and it is almost 4AM and i can't sleep because of this.

i can do AIM or MSN or gchat or facebook or whatever. please PM me if you are available! thanks!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Pull your battery, put back in, then hold both the volume up and down keys and hold the power button. You will get to the bootloader screen. From there scroll with the volume key to recovery and hit the power button. Wipe data and cache and dalvik (in advanced section) and reflash your rom again. Then flash gaps. Reboot.

Sent from my GN

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Pull your battery, put back in, then hold both the volume up and down keys and hold the power button. You will get to the bootloader screen. From there scroll with the volume key to recovery and hit the power button. Wipe data and cache and dalvik (in advanced section) and reflash your rom again. Then flash gaps. Reboot.

Sent from my GN

This. You need to redo the process, but the only way to do that is from the bootloader (holding all volume + power down).

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Gee I posted before I went to bed and was checking back for a response...the op just disappeared?

Must be fixed up I guess.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Gee I posted before I went to bed and was checking back for a response...the op just disappeared?

Must be fixed up I guess.

If you check the Mac thread/sticky, OP had problems rooting as well.

I like the Mac setup, but I use a guide that's a bit simpler IMHO. I don't want to link to it just in case the Mac OP takes it the wrong way ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC