stuck in a rom

kevinC1124

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am a long time android fan and this is my first thread. Its nice to be in the presence of such enthusiastic androiders! OK so, yesterday I rooted my Verizon galaxy nexus. I then installed the codename android rom. After that finished installing, I went to flash the gapps.zip but realized I don't have from manager because all my stuff was wiped. So I tried to install android market.apk right from the web and it loads and everything but as soon as I open it it force closes immediately. Basically I'm stuck here because I can't flash gapps cuz I don't have rom manager and I can't get rom manager because I can't get the market. And now I realize that I can't even get back to my backed up stock because I don't have rom manager! (I also tried downloading that right from web) what do I do? PLEASE HELP!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This should be posted in the root-roms-hacks subforum, but you can install recovery thru fastboot using ADB.

Steps:
download this file: http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img
put that file in the same folder as adb.exe and fastboot.exe
make sure usb debugging is turned on in settings.
plug into usb and reboot into fastboot by holding volume down, volume up, and power together.
(or type in the terminal: adb reboot bootloader)

next,
in terminal commands, type:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img

when it's done, you can reboot, and you should have recovery. to access recovery, power off, power back on to fastboot (vol up and down and power) and then you can use volume keys to select recovery mode and power to choose it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20