Can't run Google Wallet in CyanogenMod 9! Please help!

natenakao

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I just flashed CyanogenMod 9 to my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. After flashing the GApps zip (gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip), I kept getting a popup that read, "Unfortunately, Google Wallet has stopped."

I attempted to replace it with the updated Google Wallet APK (com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-1.apk), but that one wouldn't install, telling me that it couldn't replace a system app with the same name/signature (or something like that. . . I can't really remember the message it gave me).

So I used Root Explorer to remove the Google Wallet system app. But now when I try to install the aforementioned APK, the only message I get is "Application not installed."

Does anyone have any advice? Also, when you respond, could you use layman's terms? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to these things. I only just yesterday figured out how to root my phone.

mclaryent

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the nightly from 3/16 installed with Walllet and have no problem. I just installed the Gapps that comes with it through ROM manager and Wallet was not included. Then I installed the Wallet apk before restoring all my other apps through Titanium. I did wipe the cache. Hope that helps.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Isn't CM9 still in development, i.e. they're just nightlies, with no official releases? If that's the case, you should be posting this in the development section for that ROM. It's not really an issue, in my opinion, if the ROM isn't even officially released yet. Try a more stable ROM if you want expected results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs