New to rooting and roms could use some help

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So I rooted my GN CDMA successfully, backed it up with Titanium backup, got Rom Manager backed up a nandroid of my stock ICS ROM.

I'm trying to get 4.04 and i've put the zip file on my root internal memory but i can't seem to get into recovery mode properly.

I've tried doing the power on with volume rockers and going to recovery adn i get the android on his back with the exclamation piont. I've tried going to recovery mode from the rom manager app, and i get the same thing.

I've tried also usingn the app to install ROM from SD card in the app and same thing, i keep getting that stupid android on his back.

help please.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
On the stock rom, every time you enter recovery you have to flash recovery again. so, open up ROM manager and flash latest recovery again.

Once you flash to a rom that isnt stock, you won't have to do this, but on stock it's a default safety precaution.

That should solve the issue.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks that worked, but i installed the zip and it still says 4.02 :(

Make sure you downloaded the right file.

What rom are you trying to flash? 4.04 stock?
or a 4.04 rom??

You can (and should bc there are radios involved) check the md5 sum of the file you dl and the character string listed in the thread where you find the rom.

Another thing is don't use rom manager to dl - it's iffy. Not sure if you did but you hsould get the files straight out of the thread - either from the phone direct or to the cpu and then copy over.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
does anyone have a link to a good 4.04 build with good instructions, i've tried 2 and can't get them to work.

If you follow this link for axiom cross breed
| AXI0M CROSSBREED | AOKP | 4.0.4 | KANG/HYBRID | 3/20/2012 | - RootzWiki
In the OP there is a get ready package which contains 4.04 radios and boot loader and there's the rom zip.

Download both, and follow the directions posted in the Op. The get ready package updates you to 4.04 base, and the rom is a good, fast rom, worth checking out IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles