Beats Audio Mod

C-3PO

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have success installing Beats Audio on any custom ROM for our Galaxy Nexus? How do you know if its working or not once installed? On the Rezound when you go into music player there is a Beats notification at the top of the screen letting you know when Beats is enabled and you instantly hear the difference in the sound.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed Beats Audio that I haven't had time to test yet. I am running Liquid v1.25. I'll report back later with difference in sound quality.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Can you flash beats audio on axiom crossbreed or does it have to be liquid?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

On the RootzWiki page it says it may work with others, but may not. I know Phase II of Patient Zero (the Crossbreed nightly) incorporated Beats Audio in it.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Can you install this on a unlocked rooted phone? Or does it have to be installed on a Nexus with some kind of ROM on it?

Probably the latter. I mean you can always make a Nandroid, flash it, and see if it does anything. Worst case scenario is you softbrick and have to restore your Nandroid ;). I don't recommend it, but hey, it's your device :D.

At least one ROM (Patient Zero, currently at Milestone 1) has it automatically integrated. It's not that bad TBH, and I was a hater at first.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
BIG difference with Beats Audio turned on on my Liquid 1.25. I don't have DSP Manager so I dunno how much better or different from Beats but I like it. :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I think dsp is just a separate control for equalization and such. I'm digging the beats in PZM1 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this could work on a Nexus S 4G? It would be amazing if it did =D

I dont have a Nexus S so I can't confirm that. Best way to find out is to make a nandroid backup then flash that mod. :D

I think dsp is just a separate control for equalization and such. I'm digging the beats in PZM1 :)

I think that's what the Beats does that too. Either way, I'm digging the Beats also. :D

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
How do you enable it in Liquid 1.25. I flashed it, but don't see how to enable it. I see nothing under "Sound" in settings.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
How do you enable it in Liquid 1.25. I flashed it, but don't see how to enable it. I see nothing under "Sound" in settings.

where is the download? did you clear data or cache or anything or just back up and flash it? sorry still new to all the rom flashing lol

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

I was looking around for this last night on PZ? Any setting or notification to let you know its working or on? or do we assume its on all the time?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I was looking around for this last night on PZ? Any setting or notification to let you know its working or on? or do we assume its on all the time?

Like my post above, it should be on--functioning through DSP--nonstop for your native music and the Play Music app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49