Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Default Re: What's your current Daily Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    I dunno what the Liquid team did but they did an AWESOME job on 1.3
    Plenty fast for MY needs without seeing the need for the v6 supercharger (like I have on 1.25) . I even downclocked it to 1036 and it's STILL FAST. (not that I'm complaining or anything like that). LOLz
    I ended up ditching 1.3 due to slowdown after a couple of days and no solution other then reflashing to fix the other issues I was having. I'm sure 1.3 is solid for some, but it didn't work out for me this time. I will have another go when 1.4 hits. I still can't rule out the supercharger as the cause for these issues so I might not use it next time.

Till a new Axiom/liquid Rom hits or another AOKP milestone I'll be using patient zero, just seems the most solid out of everything I've flashed. Till then I am test driving the Franco milestone 3 kernel on PZ. So far so good, I'll report back after I am done calibrating the battery. So far performance seems spot on.

There is a thread on wiki about liquid vs aokp and its all over the place. Some claim liquid is a "buggy mess", while othesr say its a super rom. Some heated convos lol

I just like aokp. No liquid for me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    There is a thread on wiki about liquid vs aokp and its all over the place. Some claim liquid is a "buggy mess", while othesr say its a super rom. Some heated convos lol

Yeah. This iteration of Liquid seems to have more naysayers than before.

That being said, currently using AOKP B34 w/ franco M3.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post

I had high hopes for liquid since it was my DD on my D1, but the rom had problems then also. I remember people having issues with the 3G for at least 5-6 releases including myself. Only positive I can say is day 1 it was the smoothest rom I had used, but then it started to slow down. Patient z is so much more consistent with speed, and a lot more solid for being a beta.

Dm, how's the FM3 working out so far?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    I had high hopes for liquid since it was my DD on my D1, but the rom had problems then also. I remember people having issues with the 3G for at least 5-6 releases including myself. Only positive I can say is day 1 it was the smoothest rom I had used, but then it started to slow down. Patient z is so much more consistent with speed, and a lot more solid for being a beta.

Dm, how's the FM3 working out so far?
    Honestly, limited time (flashed it at around 10pm or so EST, or whenever I posted about it), but so far it's very fast and life seems good. Probably the most well rounded FK since he started the new RXXX and milestone stuff.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Honestly, limited time (flashed it at around 10pm or so EST, or whenever I posted about it), but so far it's very fast and life seems good. Probably the most well rounded FK since he started the new RXXX and milestone stuff.
    Good to hear. Same here. Seems to be more power efficient then the nightly that came with PZ. 14 hours off the charger. 1 hour 15 min of on screen. 55% remains. Should easily pass 3 hours on this run.
    dmmarck likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Sounds awesome. I'm waiting a day to test out its sea legs off charger.

Axiom Pickr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.0.2
    dmmarck likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

How is it?

Im liking it so far.Plenty of ways to customize.Its got quiet hours from CNA,lots of notification bar tweaks, profile settings,etc .Also plenty of navigation bar tweaks,invisible menu button .DT has his own launcher in this Rom built of Trebuchet.I havent used it yet but probably will check it out to .Im just so use to installing Nova after flashing Rom.Its running smooth,great battery life. I like it as good or better then PZ Roms .

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Im liking it so far.Plenty of ways to customize.Its got quiet hours from CNA,lots of notification bar tweaks, profile settings,etc .Also plenty of navigation bar tweaks,invisible menu button .DT has his own launcher in this Rom built of Trebuchet.I havent used it yet but probably will check it out to .Im just so use to installing Nova after flashing Rom.Its running smooth,great battery life. I like it as good or better then PZ Roms .
    Care to share the link, Dave? I wanna check it out. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    Care to share the link, Dave? I wanna check it out. Thanx.
    Sure ,here ya go

http://www.droidhive.com/forums/inde...crackflashers/

Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Sure ,here ya go

ROM| AXI0M LUNCH MENU | DAILY FLASH | CRACKFLASHERS - GALAXY NEXUS - droidHIVE Forums

I saw this a couple days ago, but i was curious about the stability since it was listed as a Daily flash. Have you come across any huge issues (Or small for that matter) since flashing Pickr?

I flashed it the day it was released and its been perfect .Smooth as butter.
    Im on the default kernal still(franco#143)

Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

I flashed it the day it was released and its been perfect .Smooth as butter.
    Im on the default kernal still(franco#143)

Looks like I'll be making a move. Any major differences between this and Pzero that you have noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Looks like I'll be making a move. Any major differences between this and Pzero that you have noticed?
    Seems like Pickr has more customizations compaired to PZero.I am coming from the Driven Rom which was totally stock tho.
    Pickr comes with a version of spare parts built into it as well as DTs own launcher.
    A few more tweaks available in the notification bar as well as the navigation bar.This is the first Rom I flashed that you can hide everything in the notification bar except Wifi icon if you want to do that.Therefore having a real clean notification bar.I havent tweaked the performance any yet tho .Also the battery seems a bit better then PZero.Also the ablity to have an invisible menu button in navigation bar,navigation actions layout that appear on the power menu when the navigation bar is disabled too seems another added setting available.Im probably messing some of the tweaks that I dont use as well .It has the volume rocker wake screen same as PZ as well as music options.As previous mentioned the profile settings and quiet hour settings too.

Thanked by 2:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Was on M5, now on AXI0M CMPLX and cannot be happier!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Was on M5, now on AXI0M CMPLX and cannot be happier!
    On AOKP M5, Been wanting to try AXI0M CMPLX. Not sure if i should make the jump...
    Om Nom Nom Nom
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGoldbach View Post
    On AOKP M5, Been wanting to try AXI0M CMPLX. Not sure if i should make the jump...
    Do it. It's awesome!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Agree I'm very impressed with cmplx and I thought I'd miss some of aokp swag, but th3ory really threw a lot into this build. It's great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Agree I'm very impressed with cmplx and I thought I'd miss some of aokp swag, but th3ory really threw a lot into this build. It's great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    He put a TON of work into this. I'm really impressed and feel like it can be a decent stable/milestone rom.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Do it. It's awesome!
    Haha Look at you Dmmarck, Trying to get me in trouble with the law again! Feeding My addiction to Flashing haha.. Will try it right now nothing better to do atm anyway.
    Om Nom Nom Nom
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGoldbach View Post
    Haha Look at you Dmmarck, Trying to get me in trouble with the law again! Feeding My addiction to Flashing haha.. Will try it right now nothing better to do atm anyway.
    Fortunately for you, my super ninja lawyer ability will get you out of trouble as quickly as I get you into it .

Major aokp pimp here.
    The mere fact that aokp has a huge amount of themes is the number one reason for me to stick to this rom. I am no themer by far, but you can change the look of just about anything with a simple file flash. I've changed my signal and data icons a few times in the last couple of days. Flash a file and its done. Can be done on another rom but with a lot more work. ONLY aokp with the theme support can it be done so easily.
    Theory is great but just doesn't have the themeing support for my tastes.
    Speedwise, if any one rom is faster than another, it is only by milliseconds. And by no means is aokp slow.
    Kang is my DD!! ()
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234