Problem with ROM Manager

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok so basically I took my CDMA GN and put CM9 on it a few weeks ago, I created a nandroid backup with Rom Manager before I switched to CM9. Anyways I backed up my CM9 ROM (nandroid) and then came back to ICS tonight. got all my apps backed up and set up how i wanted them on my stock rom, anyways I was trying to back up my stock ICS ROM again so I could try some other roms or launchers, anyways so here is the problem.

Whenever I go to backup my rom with CW Rom Manager now when it restarts to back it up, i get the dead android. It worked fine when I backed up CM9 and worked fine when I restored my stock rom, any ideas?

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You have to disable the stock recovery in the system folder. System/recovery-from-boot.p just rename it and you'll have to flash cwm again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I didn't do that, but I did stop trying to rename the file (i wasn't putting any spaces in, but the standard name seemed to work).

seems to be working now guys, thanks, let you know if i have any other problems.

viza78

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, im sorry if this is a stupid question by how do you do this ? I am having the issue of my phone restarting with the dead android everytime i try to back up my stock rom, I am on GSM

Thanks

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so basically I took my CDMA GN and put CM9 on it a few weeks ago, I created a nandroid backup with Rom Manager before I switched to CM9. Anyways I backed up my CM9 ROM (nandroid) and then came back to ICS tonight. got all my apps backed up and set up how i wanted them on my stock rom, anyways I was trying to back up my stock ICS ROM again so I could try some other roms or launchers, anyways so here is the problem.

Whenever I go to backup my rom with CW Rom Manager now when it restarts to back it up, i get the dead android. It worked fine when I backed up CM9 and worked fine when I restored my stock rom, any ideas?

A custom Recovery like CWM won't "stick" if you have a stock Kernel/Image on it. As soon as you go back to stock with stock Boot Image/Kernel/System it will overwrite the custom Recovery and you will left with the factory recovery. To solve this, re-flash CWM and re-flash a Rom and/or custom kernel of your choice.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck

viza78

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
ok guys have sorted it, flashed it a couple of times and it has now allowed me to back up my stock rom :) Now i am gonna go try using CM9 !

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Having an issue with ROM Manager.
When I start it to do a backup- it freezes. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still same issue,
It backed up my Stock Rom before I flashed Liquid, now I can not get it to start to make a back up of Liquid.
Is there something else to use? or how to do I fix RM?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Having an issue with ROM Manager.
When I start it to do a backup- it freezes. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still same issue,
It backed up my Stock Rom before I flashed Liquid, now I can not get it to start to make a back up of Liquid.
Is there something else to use? or how to do I fix RM?

did you try booting into recovery manually? (power down, then power on with vol up and vol down and power all held together)

viza78

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys onto my next problem, I received an update to 4.04 which I installed, I now cannot get into recovery mode and cannot flash, gsm, when I try flash CM Recovery I get an error saying 'An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands!'. I have tried going through recovery mode but i just get the android robot with a red warning sign ! I have tried to use root explorer to rename the file but can't mount R/W please help me !!!!

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok guys onto my next problem, I received an update to 4.04 which I installed, I now cannot get into recovery mode and cannot flash, gsm, when I try flash CM Recovery I get an error saying 'An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands!'. I have tried going through recovery mode but i just get the android robot with a red warning sign ! I have tried to use root explorer to rename the file but can't mount R/W please help me !!!!

It sounds like you lost root. You will need to re root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci