No bootloader mode. Instead downloading.

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When I unlocked my bootloader my phones bootloader said downloading. Do not turn off target!! (see pick at bottom). I then locked it cause it scared me and had the phone stock for a week until I rooted it. I did that my getting to the normal bootloader through Terminal.
Should I be worried? What should I do to get rid of it?
I wouldn't be worried anymore if my phone would be read in my computers terminal, but that isn't happening as I posted just 10 minutes ago haha.
a6fa68c2-cc53-f472.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Its normal... its actually not downloading anything but is just prepared itself for download mode if you were gonna use Odin to flash something.

You really don't need to go into bootloader mode or use Odin... once the phone is unlocked and rooted.. you can flash everything through ClockworkMod Recovery. (If your looking to flash ROMs)

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What would I do if it is in boot loop then? Cause then I wouldn't be able to get into recovery. And cause my phone isnt being recognized in Terminal any more so i couldnt command it to recovery? Is there a way to use ODIN mode?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What would I do if it is in boot loop then? Cause then I wouldn't be able to get into recovery. And cause my phone isnt being recognized in Terminal any more so i couldnt command it to recovery? Is there a way to use ODIN mode?

You should still be able to get to recovery - but if you cannot, you can use ODIN mode to flash stock images and get your phone back to stock. It's a fail-safe.

If you need instructions on how to do this, we can find them for ya or you can search around, they've been posted.

Reactions: Charles Dolly

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i accidentally hit power and volume downs (bad habbit from screen cap i guess...lol) and got to that screen....i was a little worried, until i googled it.

i haven't had that screen just pop up on me...i had to manually do it by hitting the wrong buttons....now i know better.