Changes between Franco 135 and 138 performance and battery wise?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Changes between Franco 135 and 138 performance and battery wi

Yeah just do it. Gotta earn that crackflasher badge... can't be scared to run new stuff :)

Its running fine for me, flashed last night soon as he pushed it, too soon to comment on battery effect but franco's are typically very good with battery and some of the changes are designed specifically to make it even better so I say go for it.

:)

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

I flashed R138 yesterday. I left it off the charger last night with wifi on and I had an 8% drop over about 8 hours. Which is what I've come to expect from this phone.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I flashed R138 yesterday. I left it off the charger last night with wifi on and I had an 8% drop over about 8 hours. Which is what I've come to expect from this phone.

Word.. 1% an hr loss overnight is great imo.. Anything better than that is a bonus :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Nechasin

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely fast. As others have said, too early to report on battery yet. Need a few days.

*customized tapatalk signature*

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

It's fast, and it feels a bit smoother than 135.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Buy the app, use it to flash the kernel and new releases and to change the settings on your CPU and such.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Buy the app, use it to flash the kernel and new releases and to change the settings on your CPU and such.

When the APP flashes the new kernel, does it wipe cache/dalvik Cache? I have always used the program to download, but then manually flashed because I wanted to make sure to wipe.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

When the APP flashes the new kernel, does it wipe cache/dalvik Cache? I have always used the program to download, but then manually flashed because I wanted to make sure to wipe.

I don't think so, which is why I prefer downloading and doing it manually. However, I trust Franco enough that if he thinks it's safe, then it is?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I was wondering that as well. I've done both, but did wonder if it wiped or not. Felt a little sketchy the first time I let it auto flash, but I didn't have any issues. The last few I've been doing manually because I was also flashing ROMs/gapps... figured I'd just throw the kernel in too since I was already in recovery.

I'll ask him on G+.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering that as well. I've done both, but did wonder if it wiped or not. Felt a little sketchy the first time I let it auto flash, but I didn't have any issues. The last few I've been doing manually because I was also flashing ROMs/gapps... figured I'd just throw the kernel in too since I was already in recovery.

I'll ask him on G+.

I'm an idiot. It doesn't wipe dalvick, and I know this because I don't get the "upgrading android" screen upon reboot after auto flashing.

Ha durr. Ignore me.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

So the upgrading android screen only comes up when you wipe dalvik?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that only comes up when it's rebuilding dalvick. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

It's one thing I like about ICS. Former builds of Android would just have a lengthy boot animation while rebuilding dalvick, and sometimes have you wondering if you softbricked.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Correct upgrading android screen only comes when the caches are wiped, thats it rebuilding your caches.

No, franco's auto-flashing app doesn't wipe anything. Saw a comment from him about it saying that he's been flashing hundreds and hundreds of kernels for years and has never wiped anything, so that seemed like enough experience for me to trust in, lol. I use his app to flash his kernels and never have an issue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Correct upgrading android screen only comes when the caches are wiped, thats it rebuilding your caches.

No, franco's auto-flashing app doesn't wipe anything. Saw a comment from him about it saying that he's been flashing hundreds and hundreds of kernels for years and has never wiped anything, so that seemed like enough experience for me to trust in, lol. I use his app to flash his kernels and never have an issue.

Yup. I'll auto-flash occasionally when I'm feeling frisky lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc