TWC App updated for root users.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
First off i wanted to state that i had no hand in creating this app, just passing along the update.

Anyone who tried the TWC app yesterday and is also rooted probably noticed that the "Live TV" part of the app did not work. Instead of streaming we got a warning that the Live TV part of the app does not work on rooted devices. Well the genius' over at XDA have found a way around that and running the program over HDMI as well. Its ready for download for anyone that wants to give it a go.

From what i read it still requires you to be on your home network to use, but thats in the process of being worked out too. Link is below, Happy downloading.

Time Warner App for Rooted Users [Updated 4.19.12] - xda-developers

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
First off i wanted to state that i had no hand in creating this app, just passing along the update.

Anyone who tried the TWC app yesterday and is also rooted probably noticed that the "Live TV" part of the app did not work. Instead of streaming we got a warning that the Live TV part of the app does not work on rooted devices. Well the genius' over at XDA have found a way around that and running the program over HDMI as well. Its ready for download for anyone that wants to give it a go.

From what i read it still requires you to be on your home network to use, but thats in the process of being worked out too. Link is below, Happy downloading.

Time Warner App for Rooted Users [Updated 4.19.12] - xda-developers

I installed it yesterday.
It's lame that you have to be on your home network though. At home I'll just watch the TV.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I hope we will find a way to work around the app so we can watch channels outside of our home network. That way, I will never miss my Lakers in the playoffs this year!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree, only a matter of time before thats changed i'm sure.

Dont count on that. Time Warner is nothing but a bunch of scuzzy a** penny pinching gold diggers. They wouldnt allow you a service that you could take with you on a mobile. If they werent the only high speed option in my area theres no way Id even have them right now.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Dont count on that. Time Warner is nothing but a bunch of scuzzy a** penny pinching gold diggers. They wouldnt allow you a service that you could take with you on a mobile. If they werent the only high speed option in my area theres no way Id even have them right now.

I believe he was referring to a developer workaround, like the one for root.

Reactions: kca2000

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe he was referring to a developer workaround, like the one for root.

I was referring to that for sure. Time warner would never do that on their own. But I'm also seeing over at xda that there having a hard time making that happen. Time will tell.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Download the .APK from the link in my original post from your phone and install it. No tricks needed, Then sign in when the application launches and you should be all set. You have to be a time warner customer and have a MY TWC login to use this app regardless.

Reactions: NoICon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2