Codename to Cm9 or Aokp

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been debating on wether or not I should change rom. I want something with more speed in which I've heard great things about aokp and cm9 I'm sure they're both relatively equal in speed but when changes can I expect to see if I decide to make the jump. increase/ decrease in battery maybe? and I'm sure I'd lose some tweaks the only one I actually care about though is the ability to take pictures using the power button.as well as pull down toggles

Mild7intl

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Aokp m5 should make you happy. Cm9 has their own optimized code ,(non aosp) and IMO runs smother and more efficiently. Once they have a stable release go cm9 but until then aokp should make the avg user happy enough

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Aokp m5 should make you happy. Cm9 has their own optimized code ,(non aosp) and IMO runs smother and more efficiently. Once they have a stable release go cm9 but until then aokp should make the avg user happy enough

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

do u use aokp and if so are u happy with the batterylife

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using milestone 5 AOKP/FrancoKernel151... used AOKP Build 31/FrancoKernel before that... I feel like the battery last a tad bit longer. Worth a flash just for the extras. The extra hour or so battery life is bonus!

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
flashed it but wasn't happy with the battery life it was great while screen was off but just sending txts with my data off killed my battery a little too quickly I'm back to codename for now figure I might as well give cm9 a try. one thing I did love though was the performance everything was much quicker and smoother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781