Comparing ROM's

msvanhorn

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I've successfully updated stock ROM's twice, so now I would like to look at some custom ROM's. Is there a thread, article, or site that anyone can recommend that compares the different ROM's that are out there and what each brings with it?

Thanks in advance

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it since ROMs are subjective. I would head over to XDA and read the OP for all the roms. Check out the screenshots and features.

Make a backup of your current setup in CWM

The flash a few and see which you like or have the options you want.

EDIT: First time that I have really seen a thread like that, I stand corrected on there not being one, but stand by my alternative as well....

darkness66

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Droid hive is a good place for roms. It's a very small forum but that makes it easy to navigate. most of the roms are from the same developer and they are super customizable

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Most of the Roms that I have used come from Rootzwiki .I have gotten a couple of Roms from lesser known Dev. or just people sharing their version of ICS from Android Central.
I do get DT's Roms from DroidHive tho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.1.0

Reactions: msvanhorn

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I would highly recommend heading over to RootzWiki and checking out the different ROMS. Try a few out and see what has the best options to fit your needs.

EDIT: And like others have said....don't forget to make a backup before you wipe the device.

Last edited: