How do I change a ".tar" to a ".zip"

romieorock

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded "mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tar" for my verizon galaxy nexus which is the newest 4.0.4 (IMM76K). How do I change it to a ".zip" so I can flash it to my phone. I know how to flash already and I'm rooted. I tried renaming it but it didn't work. Someone please help me.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded "mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tar" for my verizon galaxy nexus which is the newest 4.0.4 (IMM76K). How do I change it to a ".zip" so I can flash it to my phone. I know how to flash already and I'm rooted. I tried renaming it but it didn't work. Someone please help me.

Those mysid files are .img files and they get unpacked from tar form with a program like winrar or 7zip. They will unpack to .img files.

Then they get "flashed" in fastboot, not cwm.

Reactions: zero neck

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've used winzip. Unzipped the .tar file and you'll see a zip file there to flash in CWM.

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.35 via Xparent Tapatalk2

Reactions: zero neck

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I unpacked it with winzip and I still can't get it to flash. Help Help Help

The file you unpacked is a .img file correct? They get flashed in fastboot. Did you try going through the thread sicario posted?

Using fastboot is not a terribly hard process, but if you have not used it before can be daunting. You need the android sdk tools setup on your comp and fastboot.exe etc etc.

Totally my opinion but I would just pass on the IMM76 file and install a custom rom like aokp m5. It is super easy to install with cwm and its just plain better than a stock rom like IMM76.
No messy involved fastboot installation...just wipe data/dalvik and a simple flash in cwm.
The user experience with a custom rom is night and day superior to stock. Totally stable and a boatload of customizations and tweaks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol