Figuring out cause of bug report txts

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My wife's GNex is trying to email her numerous bug report txt files every day after something is crashing. I cannot figure out what the cause is, as she seems to be doing random things at the time and the bug report is seemingly an entire system dump (3-5MB txt file). I have found another thread with the same issue but no resolution here-

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-keep-getting-bug-report-since-being-ics.html

How do I begin to track down the actual cause of this? Is there something in that mess of text file that will actually tell me something? Anywhere else to look? I will have to start guessing without direction :).

Thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of the issue... which tells me there's just something screwy that happened on her phone or that she did to it. Without any way to speculate I would just do a factory reset.. obviously backup what she wants from the sd to a computer first since it will get wiped.

After a reset I'd make sure there is no corrupt or weird stuff in anything she puts back on the sd card, and I'd keep a close on eye on any weird apps she installs or anything else she tinkers with, as that's likely the cause.

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I m not 100% sure but in your Google account (not the phone itself) there is a bug report sending option that will give you a email notification of any bug reports from your device that were sent to Google. I will try and find the exact but hopefully that will give you a lead in the meantime..

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I did find a way to disable the bugmailer directly as a work-around (rename bugmailer.sh in /system/bin). However, I also found what is likely the cause. Waiting for confirmation from the wife now. :)

Assaf Passal

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
When pressing the power button and the volume up + down together bug report is created,
and you can choose where to send the bug report, just buy a different case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37