Will flashing the Google 4.02 Recovery Image erase my data?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Let me clarify:

1) I am rooted and the bootloader has been unlocked from Day 1

2) I went ahead and installed ClockworkMod Recovery Touch (very nice) permanently so I no longer need to flash each time

3) All Apps/Data have been backed up.

I want to install the new 4.04 leak leak with the new radios and then probably install AOSP with the Franco kernal or some other custom ROM.

Not really concerned about screwing up my device because I've got my Clockwork Backup.
If that fails, I can easily go into fastboot and reflash the Google 4.02 Recovery Image

If that fails, I have Odin installed and can reflash through that.

Question: If I reflash Google's recovery image, will my folders already on my SD Card remain intact?

Such as: Any documents, videos, other software that I may have saved on the phone--as you would use a USB flash drive?

My Clockworkmod folder--where Titanium Backups are stored?
My Reware directory where My Backup Pro backups are stored?

If the answer is NO, I'll need to backup everything last thing to my computer.

If that's the case, does anyone know of any CDMA 4.02 recovery image that has been modified to keep existing folders intact?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Your first clarification says it all :
1) I am rooted and the bootloader has been unlocked from Day 1
Unlocking the bootloader is the only procedure that will wipe your sd card.
Any other data you are talking about will/should be wiped with a mandatory factory reset when installing custom roms. You have the situation in hand with your 3rd clarification.

Me personally, I would just do a custom rom, they are worlds better than stock and all are based on 404.

Reactions: diesteldorf

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. Part of my confusion is the nature of the phone itself. It connects via MTP and doesn't physically have an actual SD Card, so all data exists on the phone itself--even the data I see and modify when I connect via MTP.

Took me 5 seconds to go into Root Explorer, see the SDCARD directory and notice that all my files, videos, programs, that I was concerned about were in that directory.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. Part of my confusion is the nature of the phone itself. It connects via MTP and doesn't physically have an actual SD Card, so all data exists on the phone itself--even the data I see and modify when I connect via MTP.

Took me 5 seconds to go into Root Explorer, see the SDCARD directory and notice that all my files, videos, programs, that I was concerned about were in that directory.

Yah whenever we talk sd card on this phone, its virtual sd card. Its in a totally seperate partition. So factory resets and such will not touch the "sd card".

Soo get flashing. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech