Titanium Backup and Google Wallet

captaincaveman

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This may be an easy question, but I can't figure it out or find a thread about it...

If I'm re-installing a Titanium backup (i have the pro version) and one of the files that it re-installs is Google Wallet....I will break the Wallet app by giving it "secure element" problems right?

If so (and here is the question)....how do I tell Titanium to ignore Wallet during it's weekly scheduled backups? I'm guessing it has to be ignored somehow because you don't get a chance to not-install it when you boot up the phone after you install a rom. I used Titanium back when I had an OG Droid, but I never had to ignore an app before. I'm just lost here.

Google Wallet is very important to me. I just don't want to break it.

oxfat

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This may be an easy question, but I can't figure it out or find a thread about it...

If I'm re-installing a Titanium backup (i have the pro version) and one of the files that it re-installs is Google Wallet....I will break the Wallet app by giving it "secure element" problems right?
That is a good question. Maybe someone on here can answer this. Like you, I just avoid loading it up with TiBu.

If so (and here is the question)....how do I tell Titanium to ignore Wallet during it's weekly scheduled backups? I'm guessing it has to be ignored somehow because you don't get a chance to not-install it when you boot up the phone after you install a rom. I used Titanium back when I had an OG Droid, but I never had to ignore an app before. I'm just lost here.

Google Wallet is very important to me. I just don't want to break it.

TiBu backs up Google Wallet on my phone. However being rooted, I don't have Google Wallet available to me in the app store, so it would not be downloaded anyway. Check to see if GW is even available for your phone.

In any case, after flashing I stop the automatic Play Store download. I don't have that many apps, so I restore them manually with TiBu. Rather than restoring GW, I have the GW apk file in my download folder. I re-install it using Root Explorer.

Also, be absolutely sure to reset GW before flashing a new ROM!

Edited to add: This also brings in to question the usefulness of nandroid backups. I have been able to avoid ever restoring from a nandroid, so I don't know if that would break your secure element either.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You are correct that you should NEVER restore wallet or restore data to it. It must be allowed to initialize your device properly on first load or you'll bork it for good.

In Tibu when you're doing your batch restores or apps/data after a ROM flash just scroll through the list and unselect Wallet before you do the restore. In fact, you should be hitting Unselect All on that list and scrolling down one by one anyway and limiting the number of apps you restore with data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay