AOKP, Franco Questions...

DroidRat

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone! So, I finally took the plunge on nexus the other night and installed my first custom ROM, kernel, and radios. Soooo much easier than I thought it was going to be, but still a PITA to have to wipe everything then re-install stuff...but I digress...my real question is around the ROM and kernel.

I installed AOKP B37 and Franco's nightly #175....After getting everything set back up and fiddling around with all the new features, I went ahead and purchased Franco's kernel updater app. Well, now the question...do I use the CPU and governor settings in Franco's app or do I set them in the ROM control for AOKP, or does it matter? Same goes for Fast Charge.

Other than that, am having fun playing with AOKP.

Cheers and TIA!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! So, I finally took the plunge on nexus the other night and installed my first custom ROM, kernel, and radios. Soooo much easier than I thought it was going to be, but still a PITA to have to wipe everything then re-install stuff...but I digress...my real question is around the ROM and kernel.

I installed AOKP B37 and Franco's nightly #175....After getting everything set back up and fiddling around with all the new features, I went ahead and purchased Franco's kernel updater app. Well, now the question...do I use the CPU and governor settings in Franco's app or do I set them in the ROM control for AOKP, or does it matter? Same goes for Fast Charge.

Other than that, am having fun playing with AOKP.

Cheers and TIA!

Doesn't fully matter but generally is better to enable as much on boot through your ROM as possible. I know AOKP has those functions so use those.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Also, stick to stock CPU voltage settings. Don't make the mistake I made and cause a short on the charger contacts. I had to call in for a replacement Nexus. You'll notice vast improvements with aokp and franco.

Welcome to the brighter side of your Galaxy Nexus.

DroidRat

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, and good to know about the enabling/disabling things at boot regarding new ROMs.

I actually unlocked & rooted when I got it on launch day and had just been waiting til I had enough time to read about ROMing and such. It really is very simple to do, I'd argue that unlocking and rooting were more time consuming.

Anyway, thanks again! If it weren't for having to resetup everything, I'd play around with ROMs all the time. As it is though, I can see me riding AOKP for a while.

Cheers!

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, and good to know about the enabling/disabling things at boot regarding new ROMs.

I actually unlocked & rooted when I got it on launch day and had just been waiting til I had enough time to read about ROMing and such. It really is very simple to do, I'd argue that unlocking and rooting were more time consuming.

Anyway, thanks again! If it weren't for having to resetup everything, I'd play around with ROMs all the time. As it is though, I can see me riding AOKP for a while.

Cheers!

Use Nova Launcher or Apex.. You can save the settings.. Yeah I agree though.. I'd probably flash a lot more if I didn't have to deal with all of that.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I am on this same set up, AOKP build 38 and Franco kernel 175. Sick combination. I am experiencing a huge increase in battery life. I highly recommend this combination

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1