How can I change the navigation bar icons?

blue duck butter

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running franco.kernel Milestone 4 and AXI0M PATIENT ZERO. The navigation bar icons were changed to something that is not very aesthetically pleasing and would like to switch just the icons back to the original ICS icons.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this. Can anyone please tell me how this can be accomplished?

blue duck butter

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
The navigation bar buttons are the ones along the bottom of the screen (back, home and recent tasks). It's the ones that would have been capacitive in previous versions of Android. I am new to Android and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not by a computer now so I can't post links but if you Google search Nexus soft keys you will find some soft keys you'll be able to flash. Let me know if you don't find any and in a few hours I can give you some direct links.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
what softkeys do you want to flash? point us to a link and we can tell you how to get them up.
it's either going to be a theme engine (baked into rom or launcher), softkeys flashable in cwm (.zip file), or a zipthemer/metamorph file.

Reactions: blue duck butter

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the replies, guys. Here is the link where I downloaded the .zip file and I also have zipthemer downloaded onto my phone. I'm not sure what to do now. I tried building the theme by clicking the zip file on my phone and rebooting but it doesn't change to the new buttons. Any ideas?

[SOFTKEYS] [11-04] Softkey Collection [GSM/CDMA] - xda-developers

For ZipThemer, you need to "update" or "configure" edify. Tap on that, then go find the ROM's zip file. So that would be the zip for PZ. That's what you configure to.

Once configuration is successful, you can add the softkey zip and "build" the theme. Always check "always" for the undo zip.

If you need any help, I believe there is more information and screenshots in my Don't Panic guide (see signature).

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For ZipThemer, you need to "update" or "configure" edify. Tap on that, then go find the ROM's zip file. So that would be the zip for PZ. That's what you configure to.

Once configuration is successful, you can add the softkey zip and "build" the theme. Always check "always" for the undo zip.

If you need any help, I believe there is more information and screenshots in my Don't Panic guide (see signature).

blaow (as in the gunshot sound *ie ghostface).

;)

Reactions: blue duck butter

blue duck butter

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Where do I add the softkey zip to? I configured the PZ zip successfully and then I go to "+Theme" and select the zip for the softkeys and it says a reboot will be required, I click okay and it looks like it builds it and the output is fine so then I do a manual reboot but nothing changes. Sorry, I'm new. It was so incredibly easy to hack and modify webOS devices, this is a whole new incredibly complex world comparably.

tugcapt1

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Masturmod settings app. Awesomeness

I'm not sure which rom I got it from (crackflasher...), but ttb backed it up and so when I restore I get it back. U can change signal, battery, nav bar icons. Very cool

Last edited:

blue duck butter

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
So I'm trying to load an .apk in the Side Loading Wonder Machine but the program says my device is not found, but I'm pretty sure I loaded the proper USB driver from Samsung's website. Can anyone help me?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to load an .apk in the Side Loading Wonder Machine but the program says my device is not found, but I'm pretty sure I loaded the proper USB driver from Samsung's website. Can anyone help me?

You don't need to use the sideload wonder machine at all. Just stick the apk on your sd card over usb, or download it straight to your sd card... use something like root explorer to navigate to it and just click it to install.

The wonder machine was made for more locked down phones.. like some on at&t which used to not even be allowed to install anything besides official market apps. You certainly have no need for it on the nexus :)