Help installing jellybean

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues using ROM manager. Used it on my droid, tbolt and the nexus.

Sent from my Jellybeaned Gnex

Just in the past 24 hours i've seen it screw up twice, so that alone reinforces my paranoia. That being said, when I used it on my DINC it was flawless.

Ok dmmarck, how would you do it? I really want to do this right :(

Look around for "wipe" system. Look in Cyber Warrior's thread that is sticked in this subforum. He may have a picture of it.

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Just in the past 24 hours i've seen it screw up twice, so that alone reinforces my paranoia. That being said, when I used it on my DINC it was flawless.
Look around for "wipe" system. Look in Cyber Warrior's thread that is sticked in this subforum. He may have a picture of it.

Now your making me paranoid lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I had two issues. Just with paid apps not showing as bought in play and WiFi. Dmmarck your tip helped with WiFi and paid apps now show. Other than that I've been fine with JB. No other issues. But ROM manager worked perfect for me at least.

Last edited:

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I backup apps once a week. I backup the whole phone once a month unless I'm about to flash a ROM.

Thanks .. I just backed up apps and system data tonight .... if I restore this after installing JB will the system data portion screw things up?

Also, backing up just the apps also backs up app data, correct?

Sorry. Kinda new with this! Thanks :)

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks .. I just backed up apps and system data tonight .... if I restore this after installing JB will the system data portion screw things up?

Also, backing up just the apps also backs up app data, correct?

Sorry. Kinda new with this! Thanks :)

Yes the system data will. I only restore apps. The apps and data are backed up at the same time. When you restore you have the option of restoring just the app, or app+data.

Reactions: Jet300

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes the system data will. I only restore apps. The apps and data are backed up at the same time. When you restore you have the option of restoring just the app, or app+data.

OK. So I should run another backup of just the apps ... Correct?

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks dmmarck and everyone else I could not have done it with out you guys!!! One last question, is it normal of it to say T-CDMA 64 at the bottom of the notification bar?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks dmmarck and everyone else I could not have done it with out you guys!!! One last question, is it normal of it to say T-CDMA 64 at the bottom of the notification bar?

Yes. Some have been able to get it to say VERIZON WIRELESS, but myself and many others are stuck with that.

I just flashed a JB rom and...same deal.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Oddly, I've read about several people having this issue, but mine has never said anything other than "Verizon Wireless."

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes that is normal. If you want to change it get jrummys root tool box he has a option to change it to what ever want

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is normal. If you want to change it get jrummys root tool box he has a option to change it to what ever want

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

How would I go about that? I already have Jelly Bean installed. It was my first time unlocking/rooting/flashing a new rom onto my device. But that little "T-CDMA64" thing is annoying me. Is this program you speak of easy to change it?

Also, I see so many different versions of Jelly Bean on GN. Is there any version that is perfect (or like the real thing) Thanks

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
How would I go about that? I already have Jelly Bean installed. It was my first time unlocking/rooting/flashing a new rom onto my device. But that little "T-CDMA64" thing is annoying me. Is this program you speak of easy to change it?

Also, I see so many different versions of Jelly Bean on GN. Is there any version that is perfect (or like the real thing) Thanks

Check my guide, the fixes post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech