Help can't mount sd card!!!

fire125k

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was going to install new Rom and did a wipe when I went to install from SD card I get Can't mount /sdcard If I go to mount sdcard I get Error mounting /sdcard!!!! WHAT CAN I DO!!!!

fire125k

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
ok I'm back up and running... If anyone ever runs into that problem search for Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v7.0 I was able to flash stock from the fastboot then reinstall CWM then flash the new Rom. It was very easy!!! Only down fall is I lost everything on the internal SD :(

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
ok I'm back up and running... If anyone ever runs into that problem search for Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v7.0 I was able to flash stock from the fastboot then reinstall CWM then flash the new Rom. It was very easy!!! Only down fall is I lost everything on the internal SD :(

It happens. Good to see you're ok now though!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My apologies about this being a third post in a row, but I'd like to offer some information for those who stumble across this thread.

I had this exact issue happen during TiBu restore after I flashed a rom. TiBu froze up and rebooted the phone into oblivion. I manually rebooted into recovery and nothing would mount; no roms would install; and unfortunately, no backups would restore.

To solve the issue, I Googled a bit and saw two frames of logic--you need to flash the stock recovery again because this "remounts" and "rereads" everything, OR you need to go back to stock. I chose the latter.

Using Ubuntu 12.04, restoring the factory images was a piece of cake. I pushed CWM Touch (in part because I believed my prior recovery, TWRP, was not a bit too blame for things, fairly or unfairly), reset everything and here I am again, rooted with Jelly Bean.

So if you stumble across this thread, PLEASE be careful and get back to stock. It works, I can 100% guarantee it :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy