jelly bean wifi tether

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone got a working WiFi tether? Or will the default one work since this is a port from the gsm and VZW has touched this. Would that allow it to be free or will it charge? I turned it on but didn't get a msg about adding hotspot to the plan like on my dads thunderbolt. So give me some info plz

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone got a working WiFi tether? Or will the default one work since this is a port from the gsm and VZW has touched this. Would that allow it to be free or will it charge? I turned it on but didn't get a msg about adding hotspot to the plan like on my dads thunderbolt. So give me some info plz

I would think if you get no warning you're good to go. In ICS if you turned in the hot spot via a widget and not from the settings menu it bypasses the carrier check and you get free wifi hot spot

How did you try and turn it on?

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Working fine on JB here, too. Just turned it on in settings & used it on my Acer a100. Connected right up & full 4G speeds.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
No I haven't tried because. Too afraid of tethering charges.

It works like it always has ... just download switchpro or any other widget from the market and use the built in tether. You may even be able to select it from the settings menu. If you don't get a warning from VZW when you activate the hotspot all is fine and you can tether free of charge.

Edit: Just tried it from the settings menu and it works like a champ. No need for the widget if ya dont want to.

andrewshah

May 16, 2012
Visit site
For some reason Wifi tethering will not work whatsoever on Jellybean on my device. I've tried multiple apps from the Play Store as well as the tethering option in the settings menu. The only thing that works is USB tethering.

yugopalmguy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I loaded Razor's JB and the settings option did not work for me, however I switched over to Vicious V4 JB and it works perfectly with no warnings at all.

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried to tether my LTE GNex to my Nexus 7, it connects but the WiFi icon remains grey and it never gets internet access.

I'm running the latest Vicious 4.1.1 rom.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Does activating the wi-fi through settings go a lot slower for you guys as well? Not as in slow internet connection, but it takes a while to send out wifi-signal and connect.. This was true for me and my brother (both have rooted G.Nex on JB)..

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does activating the wi-fi through settings go a lot slower for you guys as well? Not as in slow internet connection, but it takes a while to send out wifi-signal and connect.. This was true for me and my brother (both have rooted G.Nex on JB)..

Maybe its the rom. Mine use to be slow. But its not anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC