Boot Loop Help Please!

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to flash jelly bean and no matter which one i try my phone keeps going into a boot loop and wont stop. I'm running one of droid theory's 4.04 roms. I tried his version of jelly bean, Both downloads, and Vanir Bean and my phone wont come out of the boot loop. I'm going to try Vicious next but if that doesn't work I don't know what to do.
Can anyone give me some ideas/help
Thanks

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't try to flash any of these JB ROMs without wiping EVERYTHING in recovery.
Wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
format system
go to your neighbors house and wipe his phone too

(lol)

Besides that... your phone might just not like these ROMs. They are not supposed to be stable for everyone, you may want to wait until source-based JB ROMs become available after the source code is released. See this post for a more in-depth explanation:
[ROM] Vicious-Toro-JellyBean Fully 100% Fucntional Deodexed Calls WiFi Data (3G 4G) V2 Available + Link for Stock Kernel Added 6:33PM 06/28/2012 - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki - Page 145

Reactions: zero neck

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't try to flash any of these JB ROMs without wiping EVERYTHING in recovery.
Wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
format system
go to your neighbors house and wipe his phone too

(lol)

Besides that... your phone might just not like these ROMs. They are not supposed to be stable for everyone, you may want to wait until source-based JB ROMs become available after the source code is released. See this post for a more in-depth explanation:
[ROM] Vicious-Toro-JellyBean Fully 100% Fucntional Deodexed Calls WiFi Data (3G 4G) V2 Available + Link for Stock Kernel Added 6:33PM 06/28/2012 - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki - Page 145

LMFAO!! "Go to your neighbor's house and wipe his phone too" :D

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've done the full wipe for every one even theory's roms eventhough they do it for you. I don't even get to the boot animation just the google X. I leave it for 10 minutes and no luck still there. I've never seen this before. I've been stuck in a boot loop but this is with four different roms. It sucks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've done the full wipe for every one even theory's roms eventhough they do it for you. I don't even get to the boot animation just the google X. I leave it for 10 minutes and no luck still there. I've never seen this before. I've been stuck in a boot loop but this is with four different roms. It sucks.

The Google X with the colors? That is the boot animation :).

Have you solved it? You can try wiping and starting again, or redoing everything.

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The Google X with the colors? That is the boot animation :).

Have you solved it? You can try wiping and starting again, or redoing everything.

Sorry, yes it is the boot animation I get stuck on. I flash then leave my phone sit for 30 mins and it's still on that screen. I've tried everything I even changed ICS roms hoping that had something to do with it but it still does it. I saw on theory's page on Droid hive it was actually messing peoples phones up so bad they couldn't restore from a nandroid and they had to reroot their phone using toolkit.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the issue twice. I found if you hold power button and press up and down volume button it will start up. I really dont know why it does this. It will work if you do as I say. I found this because I flashed every JB rom to see what one was for me. In going this I come across the issue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, yes it is the boot animation I get stuck on. I flash then leave my phone sit for 30 mins and it's still on that screen. I've tried everything I even changed ICS roms hoping that had something to do with it but it still does it. I saw on theory's page on Droid hive it was actually messing peoples phones up so bad they couldn't restore from a nandroid and they had to reroot their phone using toolkit.

Yes, I've done that.

What you need to do is try to do a battery pull and then try wiping EVERYTHING and reflashing a Jelly Bean rom.

If that doesn't work (and it might not), then you may need to take everything back to stock. Please see my guide, post 3, for a way to do this.

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've done that.

What you need to do is try to do a battery pull and then try wiping EVERYTHING and reflashing a Jelly Bean rom.

If that doesn't work (and it might not), then you may need to take everything back to stock. Please see my guide, post 3, for a way to do this.

Yes thank you for your help and your other threads they really help all of us out. I have triedall of these other things people have suggested add none have worked. I have pulled the battery and re wiped and tried every ROM there is none will boot up. I haven't tried the volume Ketty thing yet I will try that if it doesn't work I think I will have to flash back to stock. To all others I have read on dt's thread at Droid hive it has been messing up peoples nandroid backups so they need to use root toolkit to completely restore their phone. I guess I am lucky this didn't happen cause I can still restore from a nandroid.