jelly bean patience

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've seen people freaking about the boot time and non booting . Just relax...there isn't anything wrong. Its a port and not from the actual source code. So expect problems like this. mine wouldnt boot for a few hours . A lot of the op tell you what to do when it happens..

This is what I did. Full wipe. Even dalvik.. then reboot.

Also. Do a full wipe, and do a restore . Then try to install jelly bean.

Another tip. Try avoid turning the phone off or removing the battery.

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed the original port that was available (the one with OUT the wifi-fix and w/stock kernel) I have had zero problems since first boot. This was my first time Unlocking & Rooting my launch-day VGNex. I did have a boot loop initially, but I booted into recovery, wiped all data and the phone has been butter since. (this may have been a step that I missed in the root/wipe process) Just for reference, My phone had NO problems before the update, and has NO problems now. Everything works.

I am really enjoying the smoothness and consistency of JB and for a port..... wow. I would expect that lets say 4.1.1 once we get it from the all mighty red will be something.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine locked up during a reboot and I did exactly what all the pros here say NOT to do ... I panicked ... Wound up nearly bricking the freakin phone ... But, I reinstalled JB and all is well for now ... I have seen a random reboot now and then...

Whats the deal with the booting anyways?? Mine was stuck on "Google" for what seemed like forever ... Battery pull did nothing to help ... Should I have just waited it out???

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine locked up during a reboot and I did exactly what all the pros here say NOT to do ... I panicked ... Wound up nearly bricking the freakin phone ... But, I reinstalled JB and all is well for now ... I have seen a random reboot now and then...

Whats the deal with the booting anyways?? Mine was stuck on "Google" for what seemed like forever ... Battery pull did nothing to help ... Should I have just waited it out???

Yeah waiting for a few is best. The longest it took for me was 25 mins. I drove to work and that's when it came on. But I just think the booting has issues with something out of my knowledge or the fact its a gsm port and not from the actual source code.

superjamz

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I hear you about the flasholic. I have had my Nexus for a week and I have flashed so many different roms of both ICS and JB that I can't count. Not too mention rooted and unrooted my phone. I have stayed on an ICS ROS, I will wait until the full JB code is released to try out some mods based on the actual version.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I hear you about the flasholic. I have had my Nexus for a week and I have flashed so many different roms of both ICS and JB that I can't count. Not too mention rooted and unrooted my phone. I have stayed on an ICS ROS, I will wait until the full JB code is released to try out some mods based on the actual version.

You sound like me. unlocking rooting romming modding right off the bat. But yeah I'm waiting for source and the waiting is easy with my present sourcery setup.

After owning this phone, I now realize that software is king. Yeah hardware is semi-important. A nice colorful screen, a decent camera and a nice slim chassis is good but all the top phones have that. When you have (many) top devs working feverishly on providing a top software experience, that is where the real meat is in owning a phone. No other phone will give you that like the nexus does.

What phone has ics now? The gs3, one-x, razr/maxx. Any others I missed? Yeah the rezound and other top phones have leaked but not official ics. Very few official ics, yet it pleases me no end that our phone has (maybe not official) jelly bean coming soon. Not counting the present jelly stuff we have now. What other phone even has a whiff let alone an actual jelly bean rom coming soon? NADA
Yes folks our nexus is !@#$%^& awesome.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You sound like me. unlocking rooting romming modding right off the bat. But yeah I'm waiting for source and the waiting is easy with my present sourcery setup.

After owning this phone, I now realize that software is king. Yeah hardware is semi-important. A nice colorful screen, a decent camera and a nice slim chassis is good but all the top phones have that. When you have (many) top devs working feverishly on providing a top software experience, that is where the real meat is in owning a phone. No other phone will give you that like the nexus does.

What phone has ics now? The gs3, one-x, razr/maxx. Any others I missed? Yeah the rezound and other top phones have leaked but not official ics. Very few official ics, yet it pleases me no end that our phone has (maybe not official) jelly bean coming soon. Not counting the present jelly stuff we have now. What other phone even has a whiff let alone an actual jelly bean rom coming soon? NADA
Yes folks our nexus is !@#$%^& awesome.

Wise beyond your years, young padawan.

*clever signature*