Jelly Bean and Bluetooth

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I've had with Jelly Bean so far is not being able to re-pair with my car stereo. I click pair, the radio gives me a 6-digit code, the phone confirms that same code and then fails to pair with the radio (see picture). Any clue what could be going wrong?

Screenshot_2012-07-02-12-20-01.png

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Could be many things..... experimental ROMs, sir. Not everything is going to work :)
(plus you don't mention which ROM you're on.. whichever it is you can go to the home thread at rootzwiki and see if others are having a similar issue or have found a fix though)

Reactions: dmmarck

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that bluetooth audio pairing works with the Kenwood KDC-BT652U and Jelly Belly v2.1.

Other than that, you're on your own lol :eek:

*clever signature*

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I ran JD's jellybean, Vicious v1, and v2 before switching to Jelly Belly, but I hadn't installed my new head unit in my jeep until v1.7... so I don't know if any of the other ROM's had issues pairing.

I know for sure though, that Jelly Belly v1.7 and up are good with Trinity or stock kernels.

I would reset your head unit to default settings, and then repair your phone after that. The usual default pin is 0000, it seems odd that you have six digits.

*clever signature*

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
i flashed teambamf's JB rom and it paired with my pioneer avh-p8400bh head unit, but the song infos didn't show up on the display just like stock gnex. it shows with aokp.

i hope this will not be the case for all JB roms, or ill be sticking with ICS.. probably..

edit:
same problem with jelly belly 2.2, pairs but does not display song info. is this exclusive to aokp???

Last edited:

nasellok

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am having similar issues, my GN will not pair to my A2DP receiver.

My car 2012 Mercedes GL450 does not have native bluetooth streaming capabilities (a whole other story that I am really pissed about). My phone connects to the Mercedes Comand bluetooth phone feature, askes me to transfer my contacts, etc, but when i try to connect to the bluetooth receiver i bought and connected into the i-crap dock in my glovebox i cannot pair to it. The GN sees the receiver, and i try to connect, enter the password, and get an error stating that i cannot connect. Ive tried the airplane mode toggle, toggling bluetooth, unpairing the phone connection - all to no avail.

I am Rooted, running JB 4.1.1 - XenonHD ROM with Trinity kernal. but was previously running Vicious 4.1.1 with Faux kernal.

Any thoughts, and or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital