Help! My computer won't recognize my Nexus

msaly

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It's been a couple of months since I rooted and most recently flashed AOKP 40 and Franco 200. I tried to connect to my computer yesterday and it won't mount. Any suggestions? I know I have all the drivers. Perhaps a ROM or kernel issue? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken francos 200 was a Jellybean test kernel.. While aokp is definitely still ICS based. This can easily cause a problem if that's indeed what you did.

EDIT: And if that's the case, download an earlier franco kernel (say a milestone or anything really) to your phone and just flash that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: msaly

msaly

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well that didn't work. Any other suggestions? I have it connected as a media device. Now running Franco M4.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well that didn't work. Any other suggestions? I have it connected as a media device. Now running Franco M4.

Do you have the adb/fastboot drivers? Can you get it to show up in a device list?

anon(186320)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Gotta be a snarky nerd here.

1. Download and install Ubuntu (yay! No more drivers!)

2. Set up adb (super simple) and fastboot (a little more work)

And that should be it. Heck, you can even run Ubuntu off a small partition and keep Windows, just in case.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Gotta be a snarky nerd here.

1. Download and install Ubuntu (yay! No more drivers!)

2. Set up adb (super simple) and fastboot (a little more work)

And that should be it. Heck, you can even run Ubuntu off a small partition and keep Windows, just in case.

GNex + Ubuntu = dream. :)

msaly

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll try these suggestions. I'm not familiar with Ubuntu. I'll check that out too. Thank you!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll try these suggestions. I'm not familiar with Ubuntu. I'll check that out too. Thank you!

It's another operating system based on Linux, the same general operating system Android is derived from (generally speaking). They work extremely well together.

Sent from Oliver, my Nuclear-Powered, Orb-Shaped Candy Device.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol yes but carving out a hard drive partition and installing ubuntu is not the go-to solution every android user is going to be able to roll with here. :)

Have you enabled fast charge on your franco kernel, either through his app or rom control on aokp? This disables the computer from reading the phone as a storage device..

msaly

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
No fast charge. I'll check my drivers again and the other suggestions when I can get time on my computer. Thanks again.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
No fast charge. I'll check my drivers again and the other suggestions when I can get time on my computer. Thanks again.

It may be worthwhile to delete the old drivers and reinstall everything.

nuchdog

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Also check your USB port or try a different port. I have a powered USB hub that is designed to "fast charge" peripherals. Even if I don't have fast charge enabled on my ROM, plugging my phone into the the hub makes the phone think it is AC charging. One of my laptop ports also has that feature. You can just try a different port or check under battery when it is plugged in and see if/how it is charging.

Southrncomfortjm

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Lol yes but carving out a hard drive partition and installing ubuntu is not the go-to solution every android user is going to be able to roll with here. :)

Have you enabled fast charge on your franco kernel, either through his app or rom control on aokp? This disables the computer from reading the phone as a storage device..

I was having a similar issue to the OP and fixed it by disabling fast charge based on your advice. Working like usual now. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech