Jelly Bean Party

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
With system formatting => most devs are now recommending it, and seeing as it adds a second or so, it's a great habit to get into. Cleanliness is close to godliness :).

(E.g. jakeday, dev of Jelly Belly).

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i know I should have...but...I didn't want to lose all my shat, even though I backed everything up lol

You don't, it just cleans out where the rom goes, not where your data and stuff resides :).

The only time when not to do it is when you're flashing a kernel or anything that's not a rom.

Reactions: scarryman04

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
On.. 4.1 baby, sweet as heck, everything working so far... Google Listen had a FC, but that is it... will try again...

Stock Kernel now; but I want to set everything back up and do a back-up before I do anything else...

First time flashing, JB non-the less; any noob; user can do this...! Will write more about the experience...

The Jelly water is great.. come on in... Great... Google Now is recommending a few nice places to take the wife for our anniversary...

Glad I got this done, I was afraid that I would have to blew-off the wife & kid and more work...

Thanks again D... will ask more questions later...

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't, it just cleans out where the rom goes, not where your data and stuff resides :).

The only time when not to do it is when you're flashing a kernel or anything that's not a rom.

Ooo I thought since this had a internal SD partition formatting the system would wipe everything...thanks for that info!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ooo I thought since this had a internal SD partition formatting the system would wipe everything...thanks for that info!

Nope. Just makes it cleaner for the rom, not your data. :)

Sent from Oliver, Lord of Time and Space and All Things Gelatinous

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon