Looking for help with Trinity install

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was running on Jelly Belly1.8 and decided to grab Trinity to help out with the battery drain. I followed the guides and I did the following in this order:

In CWM -

Wipe CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE
Create a BACKUP of current rom.
Wipe the phone/factory reset
Installed Jelly belly rom 2.4
Installed gapps 2012704-proper
Installed trinity (tnp1344-384 Alpha95)
Fixed permissions
reboot

And My phone is sitting at the black unlock Google screen. I've done this two times, and I've pulled the battery twice. Ideas??

Can someone confirm the size of JellyBelly 2.8 and the latest gapps? The zip I installed of JB was 175.078 megs and gapps was 41.782 megs. I'm looking at another sire (Mirrored) and the sizes are JB 170 and gapps 40.8 .. whats that about??

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure , did you check md5s to make sure the files are not corrupted? I would do it like this: Wilde cache and dalvik. Then nandroid.
Next, wipe data, format system, wipe cache. Wipe dalvik, flash ROM, flash gapps, reboot. Wait a few min , skip sign in, and reboot to recovery again. Wipe cache and dalvik, and then flash trinity.
Reboot, wait two min, and sign in to your account ts.

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Not sure , did you check md5s to make sure the files are not corrupted? I would do it like this: Wilde cache and dalvik. Then nandroid.
Next, wipe data, format system, wipe cache. Wipe dalvik, flash ROM, flash gapps, reboot. Wait a few min , skip sign in, and reboot to recovery again. Wipe cache and dalvik, and then flash trinity.
Reboot, wait two min, and sign in to your account ts.
Yeah I was just thinking something was up with the file sizes. I'll give your order a shot now, thanks!

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Next, wipe data, format system, wipe cache. Wipe dalvik, flash ROM, flash gapps, reboot. Wait a few min , skip sign in, and reboot to recovery again.
This is where I am. So far so good.. at least I know the phone comes back :) Let's see if this trinity file is good now...

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention the scrolling "BOOM - system successfully corrupted. Please freak out now." message isn't too reassuring ;)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What's alpha 95? The latest I see is 28.

Sent from Oliver, Lord of Time and Space and All Things Gelatinous

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just want to throw in 2 notes: As Zero had you do, try to minimize the amount of things you flash in one recovery session, like doing the kernel separately if you can is a good idea.

Second thing.. saw that you said you fixed permissions first time, no need for that at all, the option hasn't been necessary for quite some time :)

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Bah.. it's not booting up with the trinity file flashed. I'll see about grabbing another file from a different mirror.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Bah.. it's not booting up with the trinity file flashed. I'll see about grabbing another file from a different mirror.

If you chose 95 and if you're on jelly bean you have the wrong file.

Make sure to follow the link in my guide. Part of the address has jbtuna.

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just want to throw in 2 notes: As Zero had you do, try to minimize the amount of things you flash in one recovery session, like doing the kernel separately if you can is a good idea.

Second thing.. saw that you said you fixed permissions first time, no need for that at all, the option hasn't been necessary for quite some time :)
3rd thing, make sure you have the right files.:-[

Wiping again..

I did the permissions fix thing because it was in the Trinity FAQ on the order to do things. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Thanks all.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Final post on this topic (I hope). It's working as expected. Thanks again all.:)

Good! If you like his kernel I recommend getting his app. But take your time to ensure you like it first!