Samsung driver problem

Joemarsico

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to root I have the drivers installed every time I connect to my computer it says does not recognize device I search windows updates or whatever and it say install latest drivers witch I have I never rooted before but I'm not that dumb when it comes to this stuff I just wanna use jelly bean anyone else have this problem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to root I have the drivers installed every time I connect to my computer it says does not recognize device I search windows updates or whatever and it say install latest drivers witch I have I never rooted before but I'm not that dumb when it comes to this stuff I just wanna use jelly bean anyone else have this problem

You need to install Wug's Toolkit and walk through the driver install manually. The fastboot drivers are what's holding you back...

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Like dmmarck stated, download Wug's toolkit and install the drivers manually. I just rooted my GN and it was my first time and went smoothly thanks to the toolkit. Just follow the instructions or before you even begin I suggest you read through each step to familirize yourself of what will happen.

yugopalmguy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. I am a novice at this as well, and I feel that this is he ONLY area where instruction is lacking when it comes to unlocking and rooting. Only because the installation instructions for manually installing the Fastboot drivers kinda needs to be sought out, and if you are new to this, you don't know that you need to do this. I had assumed that my phone had all the necessary drivers already installed, but that is not the case. Everything else was crystal clear as far as instruction went. Just have to do a little research on the drivers.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. I am a novice at this as well, and I feel that this is he ONLY area where instruction is lacking when it comes to unlocking and rooting. Only because the installation instructions for manually installing the Fastboot drivers kinda needs to be sought out, and if you are new to this, you don't know that you need to do this. I had assumed that my phone had all the necessary drivers already installed, but that is not the case. Everything else was crystal clear as far as instruction went. Just have to do a little research on the drivers.

99% of the time what you need to do is use the path he gives you...it's like

C:\Wug's Tookit\...\drivers

Or something like that; it's in his manual installation prompt. And then, you realize that that path does not exist :). So you simply remove the "\drivers" bit and add:

\data\drivers

If you install manually, that'll get it done almost every time. But due to the incorrect path people get confused and you get a bit lost (which is understandable, because those drivers are a pain).

I recommend starting from scratch to, just like he says--uninstall what you have and redo it.

Reactions: Droidintorrance

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I had a simple related question.

I had issues with wugs toolkit even installing the drivers manually. I tired the gnexus toolkit from xda too. Still has issues getting the fastboot driver working. I cleared and uninstalled all my inactive USB drivers and tried several different things. After 4+ hours failing to get the fastboot drivers to install I gave up and the next day did it on my work computer during lunch. :sly: It went flawlessly!

So root cause is my home computer and the fastboot driver. I'm curious if anyone has gotten fastboot drivers to work on windows 7 x64.? I'm thinking this is/was my problem but I'd like to solve this mystery once and for all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to 1.5 from 1.3 and thought it would be a snap, but I also had my desktop worked on so I guess the tech cleaned up everything back to "stock".
I had to delete all the associated samsung drivers, etc that WUGS stated to remove. Once I did that had WUGS program install the proper drivers, set my phone to usb debugging and all was good.

As for Win 7 WUGS I think was built for Win 7 as most of his tabs say Win 7 go here and if not us older XP users have to more manual tasks to get it to work.
Still holding onto XP for as long as my desktop will run.

The main reason I redid WUGS, wife is getting ( or should I say I am getting my wife) a GNx she loves what the my phone can do now with Jakedays JB Rom.

Best of luck,

Xanth

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Try this
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1813315

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton