[GUIDE][Ubuntu] Compiling Android from Source

johnathanle

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for a very informative tutorial about compliling Android there! Just the thought: maybe i can use the tutorial above to compile a 2.3.5 ROM for my Nexus 7, but if that was possible, which version of device binaries should i use and how can i build those stuff if none were not available?

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
i started working on ubuntu touch every thing is going well up to now
here the problem is with the recovery.img, and boot.img they were too large to flash.... how to change the partition table before flashing ??
i made some changes to partition sizes in bord config finally i built those images ,here my question is how does the remaining partitions adjust AND how to flash
where to adjust all of these.....
:-[
thanx in advance

Eversmiling23

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
After reading this article on compiling from source, I am trying to build cwm Recovery from source for one of my android devices. I installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS alongside windows 7 OS on my laptop. I am stuck up at repo syncing stage. It seems to never get completed. First, I made a mistake, started syncing without going to my working folder (cd ~/work_Fol) and I had to delete a huge amt of data say around 74 GB. Now I got into my working folder, and tried to use the command like 'repo sync', 'repo sync -j4' and even used 'repo sync -f' 3/4 times. But it got cut off mid-way several times (may be 15 to 20 times), and each time I restart with 'repo sync' command, my disk space seems to get shrinking each time. Now, almost 46 GB of space is nearing getting emptied, but still the 'repo sync' seems not completing. What wrong am I doing? I heard that, it will suffice 30 GB of disk space for this purpose out of which 15 GB is volume for android source code. I had searched many times at different sites, but unable to find proper direction and diagnostics. Please help.

Sonofaperson

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm really sorry if you've already addressed this or what but what if we are using a later version of Ubuntu or Android? I feel like you should edit the post to include them (sorry if you already have i'm only half way through reading your tutorial). Seriously the best one I've seen so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool