Stuck on GOOGLE screen on reboot

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? I do a reboot and it sticks on the Google with the unlock icon. I have to pull battery and reboot again. It's done this on vicious V5 and now on bugless beast 4.1.1. It's not a persistent problem but is every once in awhile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? I do a reboot and it sticks on the Google with the unlock icon. I have to pull battery and reboot again. It's done this on vicious V5 and now on bugless beast 4.1.1. It's not a persistent problem but is every once in awhile.

This section is for non-rooted devices so you might not see much help come here but try:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
That's common; you have to wait it out and not pull the trigger on the battery pull too early :).

Thanks :) Wait longer than 10 minutes? I start to worry after that and usually batt pull then.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks :) Wait longer than 10 minutes? I start to worry after that and usually batt pull then.

Well there are several things to ease it:

(1) Flash the JB bootloader, I myself have noticed a bit of a difference with it

(2) Update your rom--flash a new one, like Bugless Beast or Jelly Belly.

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Well there are several things to ease it:

(1) Flash the JB bootloader, I myself have noticed a bit of a difference with it

(2) Update your rom--flash a new one, like Bugless Beast or Jelly Belly.

Now I feel stupid. Where do I get the JB bootloader? I just flashed Bugless Beast this morning coming from Vicious Jellybean V5.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Now I feel stupid. Where do I get the JB bootloader? I just flashed Bugless Beast this morning coming from Vicious Jellybean V5.

Check the Jelly Belly RootzWiki thread. There's a flashable zip for it (check the first couple of posts in that thread).

Although it's really unnecessary, it never hurts to wipe cache/dalvik (don't touch the system!) when you're in recovery :).

Reactions: CA1NE

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Check the Jelly Belly RootzWiki thread. There's a flashable zip for it (check the first couple of posts in that thread).

Although it's really unnecessary, it never hurts to wipe cache/dalvik (don't touch the system!) when you're in recovery :).

Guess I'll be busy doing this tonight :)

nfrisbie3

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue several times... get root check from the Android Market... I had super usr app I stalled but missed a step and found it wasn't actually rooted so my advice would be take it back to stock and go step by step through it again. I did mine without JB boot thing and it worked fine but others in this forum are way smarter than me I just started out. Good luck.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I am also experiencing this across ROMs with the JB bootloader installed. Every 2-3 reboots i get hung up on the Google screen. Battery pull fixes it, but its still really annoying. Had it happen on JB 3.2, and now on BB 7-12.

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Is the bootloader a necessity? Or will it eventually be a necessity?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Is the bootloader a necessity? Or will it eventually be a necessity?

From what i have been told its not required, but recommended since JB boots faster with it. I never tried JB with the stock ICS bootloader since i flashed the JB loader at the same time as the ROM, but i am wondering if thats whats causing these failed boots.

Like mentioned above, its not consistent, but still happens enough to be annoying. Especially since i have to take my case off to pull the battery.

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've rebooted a few times since I flashed the JB bootloader with no issues so far (knock on wood).

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So does this not happen with the JB bootlaoder? I still have the ICS bootlaoader on Bugless Beast. I was worried about having issues maybe going back to stock if necessary if Installed the JB bootloader.

lebeauc

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
There have been a few times where I thought I was stuck on the Google logo, but I just waited it out and it eventually boots. One time, I was just about to do a battery pull and it dropped to the Boot animation. I think for whatever reason, it takes a good 10 minutes every once in a while. I haven't tried the JB bootloader, so I don't know if that fixes it.

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had the JB loader for a couple days now and so far no logo loop. Not saying it's not going to happen but it would have by now when I had the ICS loader

Sent From My Brain To Yours

neiander

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey there. I just finally rooted and flashed bugless beast last night (YAY!). I'm also having that frozen issue when rebooting. I'm a noob at this, so bear with me. I want to flash the new JB bootloader to see if that helps. DMMARCK you said to wipe cache and delvick, ummmm then what? I know i have to put in on the SD card, then what? thanks for the help.