SD Card Can't be mounted

shanan2463

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello again... I have been flashing ROMs from 4.0.2 to Jelly Bean 4.1 with CWM Touch recovery as well as non-touch recovery and have Axiom Engage V1 and while I was about to go for Axiom Engage V2. I run into weird but significant dilemma...I can't do Nand back, only error message I am getting is SD card can't be mounted... I can't go into recovery to flash another ROM. When I connect my phone to WIN 7 home premium, I can see all files and everything including Axiom Engage V2 on internal storage (as you know...there is no SD card in Galaxy Nexus). What I should do? any suggestion...any one?
If I am ready to give up...technically I have everything working except "SD Card mounting"...I read about lot of posts suggesting factory reset but I am not positive about as there is no back up!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
First, what recovery are you using, be specific about version, etc? Its not an uncommon issue some have run into moving from ICS to JB, as JB names the sdcard partition differently and has caused some recovery-related problems for people.

If you're contemplating a factory reset from within the system, you can always move everything you don't want to lose such as pictures and backups from your sd card to your computer, then move them back afterwards.

What I would do: Not be so stressed about the backup.. just flash whatever ROM you are trying to, set up your system, and move forward from there, it is not likely you will want to return to a backup anyways.

Also, DroidTh3ory's ROM's lately have been plagued by a number of issues, ones you are seeing sound very familiar. Nothing against him, he's a great dude and developer, but he's been working without a Toro Gnex for a while now so hasn't been able to test the ROMs he's built lately, which is never a good thing really. I would say hold off on his releases just for a bit until he gets that situation squared away or until you get more comfortable with troubleshooting issues like that. In the meantime there are some very solid Jellybean ROMs I'd recommend for you such as Bugless Beast (for a more stock/aosp ROM) or the current CM10 Kangs (for something with some more features added in).

Hope that helps!

shanan2463

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for taking time to respond. Here is spec about recovery CWM 6.0.1.0 but I have used touch based /non touch based recovery. I can't back up as nand back anything. How would I flash either BB or CM10 without putting on Sd card from PC. Would you be kind enough to guide me? I do not mind at all to system wipe/factory reset... will I lose Root? Is that the only option?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for taking time to respond. Here is spec about recovery CWM 6.0.1.0 but I have used touch based /non touch based recovery. I can't back up as nand back anything. How would I flash either BB or CM10 without putting on Sd card from PC. Would you be kind enough to guide me? I do not mind at all to system wipe/factory reset... will I lose Root? Is that the only option?

wow...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Load the ROM you want to flash on to your sd card while the phone is booted up and plugged into your PC. Then you're going to flash a different recovery, as CWM is causing you issues and I believe TWRP will suit you better. Download the .img file form here: TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.2 | TeamWin

You will want to boot to the bootloader and fastboot that recovery .img or use Wugs toolkit to flash it for you, the same way CWM was installed when you did that.

In TWRP you'll do your ful wipes and flash the ROM you chose. Don't forget the Gapps either.. Bugless includes them but most other ROMs do not. Wherever you are downloading them from should let you know which Gapps the developer suggests you use.

shanan2463

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for reply and your assistance to resolve my issue. I am sorry to respond you vary late as I work seven nights a week and very little time left. I like to report that as soon as I load bootloader...system goes back to CWM! ;( I do not know how to remove that recovery as sd card is not available ;( Either I forgot how did I flash CWM or I do not have correct way to flash recovery!... would you please guide me how to remove CWM and flash TWRP? my email is shanan2463@gmail.com

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for reply and your assistance to resolve my issue. I am sorry to respond you vary late as I work seven nights a week and very little time left. I like to report that as soon as I load bootloader...system goes back to CWM! ;( I do not know how to remove that recovery as sd card is not available ;( Either I forgot how did I flash CWM or I do not have correct way to flash recovery!... would you please guide me how to remove CWM and flash TWRP? my email is shanan2463@gmail.com

Do you have fastboot drivers, adb drivers, and the fastboot.exe file on your computer? (Do you have Wug's Toolkit? You should have a fastboot.exe in there.) If so, here's how you can flash a recovery using fastboot commands.

[INFO]Again, the prerequisites are:

• Adb drivers installed
  • Fastboot drivers installed
  • The fastboot executable

Fastboot Flashing/Booting a Custom Recovery:

1. Download the recovery image--it'll be [nameofrecovery].img.
  2. Place that file in the same folder as your "fastboot.exe" application thinger (damn you Windows!)
  3. Power down your device, then manually get into fastboot mode/bootloader by holding down VOLUME DOWN, VOLUME UP, and POWER at the SAME TIME.
  4. Plug your phone into your computer and launch a command prompt. Try to launch it locally, i.e. from within that folder that contains your fastboot.exe file and the recovery.img file.
  5. Then, to flash the recovery--whatever recovery, CWM, TWRP, etc.--type this into the command prompt:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery [nameofrecovery].img
  6. Alternatively, if you only wish to BOOT into the recovery, not flash it, type this into the command prompt:
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery [nameofrecovery].img
  7. Then, your recovery should be flashed (or if booted, you should be booting in now). Go into the recovery by using the volume toggles to select "Recovery Mode," then use power to confirm/pick. Then flash your rom, restore a backup, whatever. If you don't have a rom on there, try using adb push commands to get one on there (or you may have to reboot and slide one on that way; if so, you may lose your recovery, and if you do, just repeat these steps).
[/INFO]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith