[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Build 2 is nice and smooth, havent had any problems yet.

Though the past few weeks (M6, JB1, now JB2) I've been getting horrible battery life. If I get an hour of screen time that will be a lot. On Saturday I got 6 hours (28min of screen time) out of the extended battery. Its been awful

Might be time for a new battery if thats the case, If you still have you stock one laying around in decent condition i would try that out and see if things get better. If they do I would get a new extended battery, if they don't download GSam Battery Monitor and see whats chewing up your battery so fast.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had persistently bad battery life on BB (which was otherwise a flawless AOSP type ROM) but I've gotten excellent battery life with AOKP JB1 and JB2, and even better life with Franco's kernel installed. Right now I'm getting more than 24 hours (with 35-40% screen usage and even some navigation on certain days) of battery life between charges. I'm not always the hardest core of users (I often leave the phone on 3G unless I need the speed) but I don't think I could kill it in under 10 hours without doing a video torture test at this point.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ok I am getting ready to return to the uni.....BB battery drain is horrible.
Where are the most recent gapps?
I want to update the OP with the new versions out there of the rom, gapps, etc.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using these gapps http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/top...GApps] 4.1.1-424425 JRO03O GApps Package 8/31

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hearing issues with Corporate email contacts as well... which unfortunately I rely on 100% since my Nexus is a work phone :-(. And Github got messed up for the team so there is no ETA yet for Build 3. Patience is a virtue for excellence I guess.

Not sure what exactly you heard about corporate email contacts but mine have worked just fine, dirty flashed from build 1

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Might be time for a new battery if thats the case, If you still have you stock one laying around in decent condition i would try that out and see if things get better. If they do I would get a new extended battery, if they don't download GSam Battery Monitor and see whats chewing up your battery so fast.

Thats what I was thinking. Though I do swap the stock in pretty often and usually the same charge length. GSam Battery Monitor doesn't show any thing out of the ordinary. Nothing really waking the phone or standing out.

And 4G is rarely on for me. When I turn it on I can literally watch the battery number count down. Ill only tun it on if I have to stream something and wifi isn't around.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
But they won't because incorporating it has to change the DB schema which requires a clean install. Most ROM developers try to avoid that as much as possible.

Transmitted by the Google Galaxy Nexus. Jellyfied!

I disagree.. I don't think whether or not it requires a clean flash plays any role in what features they would incorporate. Just has to do with demand, there interest level, difficulty of implementation, and the degree to which it modifies AOSP, which is something that they tend to avoid, however in this case I don't think the change would be significant at all. Just my 2 cents :)

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I disagree.. I don't think whether or not it requires a clean flash plays any role in what features they would incorporate. Just has to do with demand, there interest level, difficulty of implementation, and the degree to which it modifies AOSP, which is something that they tend to avoid, however in this case I don't think the change would be significant at all. Just my 2 cents :)

Just going based on what people have been stating on the Rootzwiki forums as to their reason. Not to mention, the author of the Group MMS stated his modified CM10 required a clean install.

weasle543

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Google play movies still don't work for Toro :(

Yep. I've tried multiple gapps packages and have not been able to get Google Play Movies to work on AOKP. If someone knows a gapps package that Google play movies works with AOKP I'd come back to AOKP.

ROMs that I've tried that movies would work are: BB, Clean AOSP 4.1.1, and Affinity Series. I've also tried the 7/26 gapps but prefer Formula 84's JRO03O based gapps due to the calendar colors.

I love the customization available in AOKP but want Google play movies to work too.

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What is people's experience with AOKP B1 and Franco's later kernels? I'm still on 248. I notice there have been some issues with wifi for later versions?

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the official 7/26 gapps consistently.. No issues.

Thanks! Looking to flash to aokp 2,am currently running the official from 7/26 so I will keep it and see how it goes. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The major problem with the 7/26 GAPPs is that photo sync doesn't work - which is only a problem if you need to have your photos from Picasa and other Google accounts show up on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance