[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
G
Since there apparently aren't going to be any more franco kernel updates, I'm finding myself wondering if I should switch to using leankernel. Though, I'm not really sure if it's that worth it at all. I can't imagine there are any major noticeable differences, right?

I think there will be more Franco updates, but possibly not until 4.2.2 is released. I have recently switched to leankernel. I can't say I see major differences. I'm getting just as good battery life. My switch was largely because of my crack flashing habit and just wanting to update my kernel. To get a bit of the best of both worlds, I've been using the franco app to use franco's best balance power mode that allows certain frequencies that leankernel doesn't otherwise have easily available.

Edit: New Franco kernel out today. Happy flashing!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody used TWRP to install/flash the rom and gapps? if so any issues with it? seems to be a easier way to flash for thise of use like me that are not crack flashers. Also used goomanger to update TWRP today.

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody used TWRP to install/flash the rom and gapps? if so any issues with it? seems to be a easier way to flash for thise of use like me that are not crack flashers. Also used goomanger to update TWRP today.

TWRP is awesome. I used clockwork mod for the longest time until I came upon it. Now it's all I use.

ruh-roh-raggy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The most recent version is 2.3.3 so you may want to update your recovery first.

Toro version 2.4.0.0 is out.

Like you, not a crackflasher, but used TWRP to flash rom & gapps - works great!

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Toro version 2.4.0.0 is out.

Like you, not a crackflasher, but used TWRP to flash rom & gapps - works great!

OK did 2.4.0.0 before I flash one more question, will they gapps package 20121212 do an auto restore of my apps? I miss this from the old ICS days seemed it stopped when jb started up.
If so I need quite time to flash and do apps. This upgrade will also mean I have to set up my emails and the original sign in to access my contacts I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
OK did 2.4.0.0 before I flash one more question, will they gapps package 20121212 do an auto restore of my apps? I miss this from the old ICS days seemed it stopped when jb started up.
If so I need quite time to flash and do apps. This upgrade will also mean I have to set up my emails and the original sign in to access my contacts I guess.

In my experience, sometimes apps auto restore and sometimes they don't. They have with the 1212 gaaps. Personally, I find it a waste of time for auto restore. Check out the "how to tibu the easy way" thread for great instructional using titanium backup. It's much faster and easy after you get the hang of it. Your contacts will follow your Gmail account and your other mail accounts so that shouldn't be an issue. Good luck!

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, sometimes apps auto restore and sometimes they don't. They have with the 1212 gaaps. Personally, I find it a waste of time for auto restore. Check out the "how to tibu the easy way" thread for great instructional using titanium backup. It's much faster and easy after you get the hang of it. Your contacts will follow your Gmail account and your other mail accounts so that shouldn't be an issue. Good luck!

This!

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
anyone elses kangerator app stopping? was im running build one and saw 2 was out and opened no luck even uninstalled and re installed same thing ?

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone seen your phone change wallpapers on its own after being on for a day or so? You can't change it back either. A reboot restores everything though, but definitely an odd bug

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep does that to me too but then changes back on it's own too to the one i had set lol

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seen your phone change wallpapers on its own after being on for a day or so? You can't change it back either. A reboot restores everything though, but definitely an odd bug

O you can quote using the app lol

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Synced at ID > Iceb68574

Built Using ALL PUB (Project Unicorn Butter - Steve/BMC's Project) Tweaks

Cherries
________
________

Framework:
All Needed ROMControl/Settings Tie-Ins
Added Swagger to SwaggerTile (Sundays!)
Replace CandyCane With TeamKang Cogs

RomControl:
Dual Panel CheckBox
Recent Apps GB Style
Lockscreen Wallpaper
Allow Custom Icon Tinting Option
Menu UI Overflow Toggle
Transparency Control Overhaul (Moar Stuffz)
Quick Unlock
Hiding NavBar

Camera:
Added Shortcut To Gallery in Camera Switcher

DeskClock:
Flip & Shake to Snooze/Dismiss
Increasing Ringer Volume

Settings:
Volume Adjust Sound Preference (Silence the sound of changing Volume)
Increase MMS limit

Download:
TORO
GROUPER

OK is this an update for AOKP or a different rom? Was looking for some more customization this sounds pretty sweet if it's a different rom then i assume no dirty flash?

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
OK is this an update for AOKP or a different rom? Was looking for some more customization this sounds pretty sweet if it's a different rom then i assume no dirty flash?

This is a nightly or weekly update. Unofficial update to MR1 Official release. @fitsnugley releases a nightly too. I believe this one uses a different Kernal. I flashed it and it's stable and buttery.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a nightly or weekly update. Unofficial update to MR1 Official release. @fitsnugley releases a nightly too. I believe this one uses a different Kernal. I flashed it and it's stable and buttery.

Did you do a compete wipe or dirty?